JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This suggestion has been implemented.
I'd view it frequently. I have ZERO experience with NV but have always been interested in it. Especially since we've had several cougar sightings and coyote issues very near us over the last two weeks.

Incorrect, hippos are best reserved for the dark sir!
Remember, not all hippopotami are a svelt snaggle-toothed Picasso's….

6BD5A3BE-BF6E-432D-94BC-EA3F5683711D.jpeg
DDD40FF7-FB3F-490A-8257-A09542308D38.jpeg

Maybe it should be a subforum of optics since they are all optical devices?
I disagree, optics is just a portion of NV when you consider the whole package. You've headgear/helmet, mounts, shrouds, lasers, illuminators, gear specific to NV, I2 vs thermal. Not to mention weapon setup and dedicated NV training. Lots of intermixing and the point would be to consolidate NV related threads rather than having them all over the place.

I disagree, optics is just a portion of NV when you consider the whole package. You've headgear/helmet, mounts, shrouds, lasers, illuminators, gear specific to NV, I2 vs thermal. Not to mention weapon setup and dedicated NV training. Lots of intermixing and the point would be to consolidate NV related threads rather than having them all over the place.
Which are all optical in nature.

And given the low traffic in that forum already, it's not like there's a confusion of space...

Give it a slot, the traffic for it will pick up.

Been helping people set up their gear, both head and weapon for IR etc, along with training, from 101 to CQB and recon.

Got 2 NV courses at the range this year, and more to come with the shoot house being built.

Give it a slot Joe!

Which are all optical in nature.

And given the low traffic in that forum already, it's not like there's a confusion of space...
From what I'm seeing NV is a pretty fast growing segment of the shooting world and seems like it would be a good thing to stay ahead of it forum wise. I can see plenty of NV related subjects that would seem out of place* in the Optics forum...

*Thread examples:
Which handguard/barrel nut design would you think/recommend to be the most rigid to maintain zero laser shift?
or
Which white light mount works best with "X" laser/illuminator?
or this existing thread...
Any good areas to shoot with night vision?
eta a new one...
I'm looking for places to shoot under night vision near Portland.

..., but hey, if a sub-forum under Optics is the easiest/only option I'm all for it. I don't know computer geek stuff and have zero clue if one is more difficult logistically than the other.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads