JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This suggestion has been implemented.
@Joe Link I think the review section is slowly morphing into Yelp. When I read through reviews it's not hard to decipher when a forum member has not visited said shop in quite some time. I think the review section should come with a few rules, especially when you're leaving a not so stellar report. Don't wait 3 or 4 weeks, maybe even years to post your experience. It's not fair to the business or employee when they aren't given a fair chance to retort or rectify anything. At minimum the forum member leaving the review should be required to enter the date of their most recent visit. Lets say a 3 week time period has lapsed then you wont able to post a review for that store. Just my .02

I can hear where you're coming from here but, without a HUGE commitment of time not really sure this section could really be "policed". Humans gripe and complain. Here in the first world its often over the top. To me? I read "reviews" and tend to try to look between the lines kind of thing. A common place to see this is Amazon. See negative reviews and then some of them when you read them are comedy. I guess I could see "maybe" if Joe set it up so the vendor who is being complained about could leave a response? Maybe trying to give "their side" of the story kind of thing? As long as it did not turn into a whole thread of someone mad, and some vendor going at each other?

I can hear where you're coming from here but, without a HUGE commitment of time not really sure this section could really be "policed". Humans gripe and complain. Here in the first world its often over the top. To me? I read "reviews" and tend to try to look between the lines kind of thing. A common place to see this is Amazon. See negative reviews and then some of them when you read them are comedy. I guess I could see "maybe" if Joe set it up so the vendor who is being complained about could leave a response? Maybe trying to give "their side" of the story kind of thing? As long as it did not turn into a whole thread of someone mad, and some vendor going at each other?
I'm not recommending it be policed by forum staff but adding a drop down calendar box for one to add a date of visit to their review would hopefully help others police themselves. Vendors can do the policing and contact mods if need be or they could be given an option to retort and then the review is locked out for further commenting.

A date entry might resolve this.
Do the reviews not get timestamped just like regular posts?

1641001794044.png

Do the reviews not get timestamped just like regular posts?

View attachment 1098628
Well there you go.

Just like Yelp, you got to look for the most recent reviews.

Even with a date stamp, if a place has two reviews, two years apart, and they are both bad, followed by a recent that's good. 2 to 1 might mean something.

OP didn't give us any examples to go off of either.

When a member comes on here and lays down 5 or 6 reviews (happened last week) back to back and you read through them it's blatantly obvious his shop visits weren't recent. If you're going to post a review, adding the date you visited is never going to coincide with the time stamp of the post. I was suggesting on this next site update that Joe builds in a drop down calendar so the person leaving a review has to add the date of his or her visit. I think it could be set to 3 weeks max or you can't leave a review. It's not fair to leave unfavorable reviews for us or owners to read when the actual store visit took place months or years in the past. It would be like me jumping on here and leaving a review of a bad experience I had 5 years ago at store XYZ. I think the date input would potentially help weed out some of the erroneous and disgruntled reviews.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top