JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's with the psychedelic fount? It's driving me nuts, keeps flashing from one size to another as you click in and out of things. Add that to not being able use the scroll button for the first minute after moving to another section because it jumps from on page to another before it settles in and it becomes really frustrating. And no it isn't my computer since at work its 32 bit win 7 and home 64 bit win 8 both do it.

Is that at home or at work? I'm trying to reproduce the issue so we can try to fix it.

Is there a reason you're not using Internet Explorer 9? (not that I don't need to address it for IE 8)

Is that at home or at work? I'm trying to reproduce the issue so we can try to fix it.

Is there a reason you're not using Internet Explorer 9? (not that I don't need to address it for IE 8)
Its at work. I'm not sure what's at home but will see when I return.
Yes there is a reason I drag my feet on updating explorer. I am seriously overwhelmed when it comes to computers changing. I then resist it until things no longer work. Every time I update or change explorers it comes with a massive weight of new things to learn along with changes to my computer I have to figure out how to reset if at all possible.
I've had the new windows 8 now since some dirt bag spoiled my last computer making it unfixable and it is so radically different I still can barely open it up. I'm so frustrated sometimes I want to give it all up. People who design computers are so full of themselves ever tweaking it trying to emulate the human brain when in reality they are just using us for one giant test bed. Our brain does nor dump and ignore things it has learned in the past when it learns new things.
Nor should computers. Take the automobile for instants it's a wonderment what the new cars can do but I can still use a Model T in and alongside the same transportation infrastructure with the new vehicles of course the comparison is not the same but if you read enough about the goals of computer design what's professed is not what's provided. That in its self is not my concern until I'm literally forced to change and at my expense (UP GRADE is an oxymoron as it implies your getting improvement and something better for your effort or money. Usually not!)
The reality of it in my opine; in the reinventing and enlightenment of successive generations of computers should be built upon the foundation of the past, ensuring all knowledge previously gained, is continued in juxtaposition with the new. Thus presenting the real possibility of doing things like hooking up an old 5" floppy drive, (albeit with a configuration of patch cords,) inserting and archived floppy and the new system will eventually recognize it and present you the data stored there. This would truly mimic at least the memory aspect of our brain. Alas, follow the money and it is evident that we all pay one way or the other, for the computer boys (and girls) to play! I should not have to guess my way around something as complex as computers programs, whatever happened to the manual. The "in" computer and "on line" stuff is a joke.
ALL IN ALL; the two most perverted terms in the computer vernacular which literally turn my stomach when I encounter them are; Upgrade and improved or faster explorer.
Sorry, I got carried away!

My home computer uses windows explorer 11
At the risk of sounding like the boy who cried wolf, the problem seems to be under control. Counsel from an old computer architect friend who happened to call me today encouraged me to try replacing the logitek wireless mouse I use on both computers after describing the jumping of the pages with the scroll wheel. He does not look on that particular device as favorable. I'm at home now so put my hard wire mouse on and no longer have the problem including the fount line weight changing. I'll try that at work tomorrow. my computer friend is at a loss why both computers would do this and only on this web site. only parallel connection is the logitek mouse's (mice?) which were bought at the same time from the same IP people that used to do my work computers. He, and likely you, now are leaning towards the "I'm wacko Theory" but never the less the issues were / are very real. Actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow to try it there. Hmm, I guess I may be wacko after all!

Strange, I have 3 Logitech wireless mice, all different models and not one problem with them. Maybe you just got a bad one.

Last Edited:
My home computer uses windows explorer 11
At the risk of sounding like the boy who cried wolf, the problem seems to be under control. Counsel from an old computer architect friend who happened to call me today encouraged me to try replacing the logitek wireless mouse I use on both computers after describing the jumping of the pages with the scroll wheel. He does not look on that particular device as favorable. I'm at home now so put my hard wire mouse on and no longer have the problem including the fount line weight changing. I'll try that at work tomorrow. my computer friend is at a loss why both computers would do this and only on this web site. only parallel connection is the logitek mouse's (mice?) which were bought at the same time from the same IP people that used to do my work computers. He, and likely you, now are leaning towards the "I'm wacko Theory" but never the less the issues were / are very real. Actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow to try it there. Hmm, I guess I may be wacko after all!

I've been working with computers for long enough that I don't doubt much :)

I'm happy it's working for you now.

I'm at work now and have just installed a microsoft hardwire mouse but it did not resolve the issue. (Bummer) Plus, I called my wife and asked her to open up the forum web site and appearently the mouse change did not change the faunt issue just the page jumping issue. so portions are intermittent. (Bummer again) End if the month our work IP person will be here so I'll show the problem to him. I'm sure he will ferret it out. I'll post finding at that time. It appears Logitek is only to blame for one jumping page Issue due to a defective wheel I assume.

Sounds good, please let me know. If you don't want to wait for him, the best thing you can do is download and install either Firefox or Google Chrome (both web browsers, like Internet Explorer, but much better) and see if you have the same results with those.

Well I'm happy to say the jumping fount issue is now dead as I've just updated the browser!!!!
Small consolation; As expected, I'll now spend days getting my computer back to some semblance of order since my home page is gone and now won't reset plus other even more disconcerting issues!!!. This forced crap is BS! (not blaming you Joe)

I'm still repairing the collateral damage from moving in to Windows explorer 11 and am getting tired of logging in every time I open the NWFA. I was able to get the log in auto fill to work but not the "stay logged in" tab ! Any Idea how to keep windows explorer 11 to stay logged so when I click on the desk top Icon NWFA will open with it recognizing me? I've checked the "stay logged in" box eight times now and nothing.
And Yes, I did restart my computer just in case it needed that.
Any help appreciated.

To be completely honest with you, I'm really lost when it comes to Internet Explorer. Not many people use IE anymore because Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are miles ahead of it.

That said, I do want to make sure it and NWFA play well together. Unfortunately, if you're clicking the "Stay Logged In" box there really isn't much more on the NWFA side that can be done, since it sounds like a cookie issue. The purpose of troubleshooting things like this are why I have Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox all installed on my computer, though I mostly use Chrome.

Is downloading and testing another browser an option for you?

Is downloading and testing another browser an option for you?

To be lucid Joe, I had not entertained NWFA as a source for this particular burr under my saddle but Windows explorer upgrade and why I resist change so much. I have little time to do anything more than open the envelope and read what's inside I don't want to continually figure out where to find the envelope let alone how to open the envelope. Upgrade wise, if not for NWFA then some where else would have demanded, So this is not on your plate, any opine towards fixing though is graciously accepted.

Since this is my work computer I'll need to check with our computer service outfit on using other browsers but I have Windows 11 at home with out this issue. You may be on to something about the little understood cookies aspect. I'll look into it. I have not tried Mozilla fox but tried Google Chrome and found it way too invasive and required too much capitulations to their agreement clauses. Even getting rid of them took an act of God!
As an aside;
Is the # by your name (="Joe Link, post: 1110116, member: 1"]) the # of post you've made? (Likely many to obtuse members like me) your fingers must be calloused or bloody. My apologies if I'm exceeding the needy allotment.

Heh no problem at all, I try to help when I can. The fact you're at work could have something to do with it.
If your IT guys have disabled cookies that'd do it. Let me know what you find.

The long number is actually the post number, each post gets it's own unique number. The member number is the order in which each person joined.

Last and final issue resolved, regarding the browser change to fix my previous woes was the constant log in. Turns out the " delete browsing history on exit" was checked causing me to log in every time I opened NWFA. Unchecking this, fixed that!!!!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews