JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't mess around, I do volumes!!! Not into the wet cleaning.

F7B5E6B7-0F46-4753-B237-523AA284EDC8.jpeg

2935DA8C-0F94-4818-AD7C-E567899A509F.jpeg

Question for those who wet tumble rifle brass, if you don't anneal: has anyone else had trouble with case necks cracking over time?

I rarely annealed before wet tumbling, and never had any trouble except in rare cases. Since wet tumbling, any rifle rounds that had been wet tumbled and not annealed, that sat loaded for a year or two, ended up with a high percentage of cracked necks. No corrosion, chemical damage, or anything like that; it was just plain and simple brittle brass. Other rounds that had been annealed were perfectly fine. The only conclusion I could come to was that the peening from the stainless pins caused minute work hardening in the thin case necks.

Whatever the cause, I now anneal absolutely all rifle brass that goes through the wet tumbler.

:s0092:
'cept the insides and primer pockets are still black/dirty in that pic...
Nope, no wet tumbling:s0112:
:D

Yep. I buy once fired 5.56 military brass unprocessed to make my blackout brass. I have has twigs, leafs, sand, etc. Show up in the box. Some brass looks like it was laying around for a while. I mean grungy brass.Deprime, wet tumble with a bit of Dawn and lemishine...and shiny as new!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews