JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tell me these aren't as gorgeous right out of the Thumlers dry tumbler! IMG_20201109_173224726_PORTRAIT.jpg

OK, I'm game, how'd you do it?

Dry tumbler, corn media, 2 tsp NuFinish car wax, 2 tsp mineral spirits. Add car wax and mineral spirits every 2nd or 3rd tumble.

When adding the car wax and mineral spirits, let the tumbler run without cases for about 10-15 minutes before adding them in.

Cool, and while you were throwing money away at dry tumblers, I achieved the same results with home depot buckets, lemi shine, salt, and some leftover pieces window screen. Dry tumble dry schmumble I say.

I don't consider the money I spent on it as thrown away, so to each his own. o_O

Dry tumbler, corn media, 2 tsp NuFinish car wax, 2 tsp mineral spirits. Add car wax and mineral spirits every 2nd or 3rd tumble.

When adding the car wax and mineral spirits, let the tumbler run without cases for about 10-15 minutes before adding them in.

That's exactly how I did it, with dry tumbling. The Nu-Finish and mineral spirits do a great job.

I went to wet tumbling a few years ago, but I didn't get rid of my dry tumblers. Both types have their strengths. I did learn to never wet tumble rifle brass without neck annealing afterwords. When I started finding batches of ammo with all the necks cracking, and the only thing they all had in common was wet tumbled brass...

Have done it both ways, corn bits, or walnut shell both worked well, less dust with the nut shell though! Little lem shine and car wax was all it took
Got hooked on the wet with stainless tumbling pins, mainly for higher capacity at a turn! both work gooder!

I do the exact same thing. I have a couple dry tumblers running walnut media with a cap full of Nu finish. Same tip, just let it run for awhile after adding it, once you don't see any difference in the media, you're ready to go.

Another good tip is to clean up your walnut media by adding in a used dryer sheet. Not a fresh new one, one that has already seen the dryer cycle.
It'll grab a lot of the other loose debris and is easy to remove.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews