JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to Oregon
Screenshot_20201110-145823_Samsung Internet.jpg

Where taxpayer money supports hookers whose income is down due to Covid....

Fascinating article. The Oregonian though, so....) Rather disturbing, the obvious racism of the program though. There was not one mention of hookers/prostitutes anywhere. It's not anymore correct equating strippers to hookers than equating Catholic Priests to child molesters.

There was not one mention of hookers/prostitutes anywhere. It's not anymore correct equating strippers to hookers than equating Catholic Priests to child molesters.
From the article, eligible person are:

"Oregon strippers and sex workers"

Anyone "who has made income from using their or other people's sexuality to financially assist themselves"

From Merriam-Webster dictionary:
"Sex worker definition is - a person whose work involves sexually explicit behavior; especially : prostitute.
Synonyms for sex worker:
bawd, call girl, cocotte, courtesan, drab, hooker, hustler, prostitute, streetwalker, tart, whore"

Considering prostitution is not legal in Oregon (yet) I really doubt hookers/prostitutes will be getting money from the state. Notwithstanding the full definition of "Sex Worker". Strippers work for legitimate, legal, taxpaying businesses in Oregon. If the non-working, middle aged adults males earning social security get "Rona Aid" then I don't see why hard working strippers shouldn't?

Considering prostitution is not legal in Oregon (yet) I really doubt hookers/prostitutes will be getting money from the state. Notwithstanding the full definition of "Sex Worker". Strippers work for legitimate, legal, taxpaying businesses in Oregon. If the non-working, middle aged adults males earning social security get "Rona Aid" then I don't see why hard working strippers shouldn't?
Speaking strictly as someone who used to work with strippers (bouncing, bar tending, cooking at clubs), most of them (not all) don't work that hard. It's why they're stripping. If they aren't stripping, they're doing cam girl stuff, or being sugar babies. Some of them learn to tend bar, or cook. Fewer still go to school for a different trade. The straight of it is that they work for cash money that they don't pay taxes on (just like most tattoo artists, and before anyone asks, I am covered in tattoos) and A LOT of them utilize state benefits or unemployment to live on/pay their bills. They don't deserve Rona benefits. They're already getting all the other allowable ones.

Speaking strictly as someone who used to work with strippers (bouncing, bar tending, cooking at clubs), most of them (not all) don't work that hard. It's why they're stripping. If they aren't stripping, they're doing cam girl stuff, or being sugar babies. Some of them learn to tend bar, or cook. Fewer still go to school for a different trade. The straight of it is that they work for cash money that they don't pay taxes on (just like most tattoo artists, and before anyone asks, I am covered in tattoos) and A LOT of them utilize state benefits or unemployment to live on/pay their bills. They don't deserve Rona benefits. They're already getting all the other allowable ones.

I haven't been to a strip club in years. I'd think I'd be looked at as some kind of "Perv" these days, with the white beard and all. But moving here from Utah in 1983, THIS boy needed to get out and SEE just what it was all about! I didn't go out a lot or spend time with any of the girls, I just know it looked like they worked pretty hard to me. A lot harder than the fat slob drug dealer that lives across the street from me. He gets SS and has three fine cars and has spent a bunch of time in prison.

Last Edited:
I haven't been to a strip club in years. I'd think I'd be looked at as some kind of "Perv" these days, with the white beard and all. But moving here from Utah in 1983, THIS boy needed to get out and SEE just what it was all about! I didn't go out a lot or spend time with any of the girls, I just now it looked like they worked pretty hard to me. A lot harder than the fat slob drug dealer that live across the street from me. He gets SS and has three fine cars and has spent a bunch of time in prison.
The job is certainly physically difficult, if you're in poor shape. More than anything, I mean that overall, there's a pretty light money to work ratio. 4-5 hour shifts, tops, sometimes fewer than 5 days a week, and I've seen those girls walk out with 1500 bucks at the end. On top of their unemployment or food stamps. Figure 1500 a day at the high end, 3 days a week, that's 117,000 a year untaxed. A lot of people (myself included) make less than half that and pay taxes.

Considering prostitution is not legal in Oregon (yet) I really doubt hookers/prostitutes will be getting money from the state. Notwithstanding the full definition of "Sex Worker".
Why do suppose they added sex workers to the eligibility then? It doesn't say strippers only. As a matter of fact, the 2nd criterion, Anyone "who has made income from using their or other people's sexuality to financially assist themselves" is broad enough to include pimps as well.

I do not share your confidence in the judgement of our government employees.

Add: If this is just about "dancers" why distribute free STD test kits as part of the program?

Well, okay. The state will be giving bad strippers, who most likely also hook, and cheat Uncle Sam, unemployment, well fare and the food stamp program, corona virus aid.

You win.

Considering how the state of Orecommunist is now, I bet I could get my horse to receive some kind of benefits. If you are on the left side of things in this state, the state will take care of you.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews