JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a nice mk v in 300 wby. It dates to 1962, and at first examination it looked like a nice example. Metal is is in great condition, but the wood had been recoated with polyurethane over the original lacquer, a bloody mess to try and get off. Making progress now using scraping technique. Ordered a dembart checkering tool to recut the checkering. After I remove the finish and recut the checkering I will apply tru-oil, the way I did it in the past was to apply multiple coats, level off the finish with fine sand paper, and apply two coats of spray on tru-oil.
My question to you guys, as they no longer make spray tru-oil, does anyone know of of a substitute or somewhere they have old stock?

Well, after a lot of work, refinish is done. Still have to fit the new pad, but here are some pictures.
20210728_073242.jpg 20210728_073356.jpg
pretty happy with the way it turned out. The pics don't show it but it has really nice grain.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top