JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a nice mk v in 300 wby. It dates to 1962, and at first examination it looked like a nice example. Metal is is in great condition, but the wood had been recoated with polyurethane over the original lacquer, a bloody mess to try and get off. Making progress now using scraping technique. Ordered a dembart checkering tool to recut the checkering. After I remove the finish and recut the checkering I will apply tru-oil, the way I did it in the past was to apply multiple coats, level off the finish with fine sand paper, and apply two coats of spray on tru-oil.
My question to you guys, as they no longer make spray tru-oil, does anyone know of of a substitute or somewhere they have old stock?

Well, after a lot of work, refinish is done. Still have to fit the new pad, but here are some pictures.
20210728_073242.jpg 20210728_073356.jpg
pretty happy with the way it turned out. The pics don't show it but it has really nice grain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top