JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Technically, he's got a point. You can't yell "fire" in a crowded space, not that I'm advocating any limits on firearms...

That's true, but no one has the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. You do have the right to carry a gun in a crowded theater. Freedom of Speech guarantees the right to free speech against or toward the government, not to say what you want to whom, when and where you want.

Apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges.

I prefer tangerines...

Yes and no. For example, I went to the University of Portland, which is a Catholic school, during my freshman year, a bunch of kids tried to stage an abortion rights rally, which was promptly shot down by the school. Or another example, let's say that you are protesting McDonalds in the store, McDonald's can treaspass you off of their premises and into jail if you refuse to leave.

Let me offer a possibly clarifying point- I do NOT deny that it IS in fact your RIGHT to carry a gun around anyone you want. It is. It's a constitutionally protected God-given right to do that. It's also a constitutionally-protected God-given right to talk about your sexual exploits in front of my young children- but if you do, you're going to cause a problem.

"Right" does not always equal "appropriate." Context.

Likewise, speaking on property rights - It's your right to do it anywhere you are. It's also my right to kick you out of my house or place of business for doing it.

Maybe this is one of the huge problems with Cali....Democratic Official Allan Brauer Wishes Death on Ted Cruz Aide's Children | Washington Free Beacon

"Allan Brauer, the communications chair for the Democratic Party of Sacramento, Calif., told an aide to Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Tex.) on Friday that he hoped her children "die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases."

@amandacarpenter May your children all die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases.

— allanbrauer (@allanbrauer) September 20, 2013

He followed up the attack with a series of vicious tweets:

Busy blocking the tapeworms that have slithered out of hellspawn @amandacarpenter‘s bubblegum. How's your day so far?

I'm being attacked on Twitter for wishing one of Ted Cruz's pubic lice to experience the pain her boss is inflicting on Americans.

Brauer's twitter bio says his tweets are "my own, not on behalf of any organization with which I work."

A request for comment from the Sacramento Democratic Party was not returned."

Dang those Democrats are some NASTY people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand now. Because a ****load of sheep were brainwashed into believing that guns are either wrong or illegal, my rights are rendered contextual, rather than their view of rights being what is in fact contextual. So, if you convince enough people to wrongly dislike an inalienable right, it is no longer really a right. Got it.

I would like to know where in ANY law that a detailed description of sexual exploits or conquests is anything but indecent? Where does someone's Freedom of Speech allow a child to be defiled?

There is a serious disconnect with what are rights and what people perceive to be rights. Abusing another person's child, or your own for that matter, is not anywhere close to legal or Constitutionally protected.

And I was accused of a cop-out? That's amazing.

Maybe this is one of the huge problems with Cali....Democratic Official Allan Brauer Wishes Death on Ted Cruz Aide's Children | Washington Free Beacon

"Allan Brauer, the communications chair for the Democratic Party of Sacramento, Calif., told an aide to Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Tex.) on Friday that he hoped her children “die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases.”

@amandacarpenter May your children all die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases.

He followed up the attack with a series of vicious tweets:

Busy blocking the tapeworms that have slithered out of hellspawn @amandacarpenter‘s bubblegum. How’s your day so far?

I’m being attacked on Twitter for wishing one of Ted Cruz’s pubic lice to experience the pain her boss is inflicting on Americans.

Brauer’s twitter bio says his tweets are “my own, not on behalf of any organization with which I work.”

A request for comment from the Sacramento Democratic Party was not returned."

Dang those Democrats are some NASTY people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why an old fashioned civil war might not be a bad thing.

I understand now. Because a ****load of sheep were brainwashed into believing that guns are either wrong or illegal, my rights are rendered contextual, rather than their view of rights being what is in fact contextual. So, if you convince enough people to wrongly dislike an inalienable right, it is no longer really a right. Got it.

I would like to know where in ANY law that a detailed description of sexual exploits or conquests is anything but indecent? Where does someone's Freedom of Speech allow a child to be defiled?

There is a serious disconnect with what are rights and what people perceive to be rights. Abusing another person's child, or your own for that matter, is not anywhere close to legal or Constitutionally protected.

And I was accused of a cop-out? That's amazing.

You're totally ignoring my point by trying to invalidate my premise. Fine- pick any other offensive use of the first amendment and plug it in.

It's also beyond amusing when the same people that CAN'T BEIEVE the Republican's would allow a corporation to be considered a person then turn and compare your home to a privately owned PUBLIC business. I guess only certain people get to have it both ways and I am not one of them. What a pile of BS.

You're totally ignoring my point by trying to invalidate my premise. Fine- pick any other offensive use of the first amendment and plug it in.

Your point invalidates itself. You don't get to contextualize an inalienable right because of people's irrational and non-existent "Right To Not Be Afraid".

As far a "fine picking" an "offensive use of the first amendment", it was your example of a sexual conversation with a child that I used. Y'know, the one you "plugged in".

Your point invalidates itself. You don't get to contextualize an inalienable right because of people's irrational and non-existent "Right To Not Be Afraid".

As far a "fine picking" an "offensive use of the first amendment", it was your example of a sexual conversation with a child that I used. Y'know, the one you "plugged in".

You're changing what I said. I'm not even going to attempt to continue discussion with you if you're going to use underhanded tactics.

How many times do I have to say it? I'm not contextualizing a right- I'm contextualizing appropriate behavior.

Profanity in front of children - legal, constitutionally protected right, inappropriate
Carring an AR15 into a suburban Starbucks - legal, constitutionally protected right, inappropriate

I'm done trying to help you grasp a concept you can't.

[/me]

You're changing what I said. I'm not even going to attempt to continue discussion with you if you're going to use underhanded tactics.

How many times do I have to say it? I'm not contextualizing a right- I'm contextualizing appropriate behavior.

Profanity in front of children - legal, constitutionally protected right, inappropriate
Carring an AR15 into a suburban Starbucks - legal, constitutionally protected right, inappropriate

I'm done trying to help you grasp a concept you can't.

[/me]

I changed NOTHING. You are in fact contextualizing a right. You don't have to like it, but that is exactly what is happening.

Now it I profanity that can be used in front of children, when prior it was a description of sexual exploits that was protected. Now who's changing things.

And yes, I am familiar with the liberal practice of stating that you are simply too smart and above the debate you created.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top