JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I do NOT see the appeal of shooting Tannerite or anything 'explosive'.

Actually It isn't really 'Shooting' in the formal sense of the word. It's more a case of 'setting off an explosive device' - and using a bullet as the 'detonator'.

It also didn't help when those idiotic shows like Sons of guns and Wild West guns had shooting scenes with explosives to impress some viewers but all it did was to denigrate sport shooting in its traditional sense, and possibly influence some to do the same, but with very bad results......
I agree, and if it makes you feel better the father in Sons of Guns is in prison for life!

Was he the one that was convicted of molesting his own kid or something like that? Remember something along that lines from a good while back with some guy who used to have a TV show about guns.
Yep. He's human trash. It's believed the daughter was a victim as well.

All I remember is their shop creating NFA firearms without informing their client that the weapon would require a major wait.

That doesn't mean quite what it may seem. IQ tests have become more and more focused on abstract reasoning in recent decades. That's very important in doing well in school these days. Or being in the STEM fields. But it isn't all that necessary in ordinary living, including self defense. people from cultures that don't emphasize abstract reasoning do poorly on modern IQ tests. Largely agricultural societies provide little exposure to abstract reasoning. Yet they use tools just fine, including guns.

Often differences in scores of modern immigrants to US are inaccurate because of language problems. The Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants were initially said to be way lower in IQ than US residents. But they actually scored better on the abstract parts of the exam that didn't involve any words. Instead they were screwing up on the part of the exam that required choosing which word was an antonym to some other word because they didn't know what an antonym was. By a generation or two later Ashkenazi Jews were thought to have up to 20 points higher average IQ than other americans. Virtually every group of immigrants was subjected to I Q tests and deemed inferior to the residents. But their kids , who have learned English, arent.

Studies of twins separated at birth and raised in different environments are often used to argue that IQ is mostly genetic because the twins turned out so similar in IQ. However, these studies were flawed. Sometimes kids were with the birth mother for a while before being placed. Worse yet, the adoption agency made every effort to place the adopted twin with a family as much like the original family as possible in race, religion, economic class and even neighborhood. And relatives frequently adopted. So sometimes, for example, a black kid supposedly separated at birth and sent to a different environment was actually adopted by a black family relative and lived down the street in the same neighborhood and went to the same school. And grew up playing with his twin.

The Flynn Effect is the phenomenon that IQs have been rising year by year. They are equalibrated to average IQ= 100 for any time and place. But I saw it said that by modern standards if Americans in the generation of the Revolutionary War took a modern IQ test they would average an IQ of 70. Some of that was probably nutritional problems. Much of it would have been lack of education including widespread illiteracy. Much would have been that even if you went to school there was little focus on abstract reasoning then.

Most geneticists consider IQ comparisons within cultures meaningful but comparisons between cultures not so much. I Q basically measures your mental ability to master and use the information that matters in the culture to which you have been exposed-- the same culture as those who made up the test, decided how much emphasis to put on abstract rather than ordinary knowledge, made up the questions, etc.
I could see where that might account for some of it, but all of it? Doubtful. There really are 70 IQ people out there. I've met some.

I could see where that might account for some of it, but all of it? Doubtful. There really are 70 IQ people out there. I've met some.
Apples and oranges. I said IQ test results comparing average scores between different cultures showing that the culture that didn't make up the test scores lower doesn't necessarily mean that the people of the culture that didn't make up the test are on average less intelligent. They may or may not be. The tests can't make valid comparisons between cultures.

Within the US population of course there are people who score at 70 and those kinds of comparisons within cultures are meaningful. That's the sort of evaluation that is valid--ranking relative intelligence of people within one culture, the culture that made up the test.

I'm not, by the way, claiming that all human groups, nations, races, or cultures have the same average intelligence. It would be surprising if they did, as they don't have the same average height, running ability, ability to tolerate the thin air of high altitudes, ability to digest lactose, resistance to malaria, or anything else one can think of.

I never saw those tv shows using TANNERITE unless there was some clip of THEM on a You Tube LINK posted on a gun forum.

I have seen some TANNERITE clips here (NWF) and elsewhere.

TANNERITE and things LIKE THAT are NOT allowed at our range at all. NO matter if it is fire season, dry season or if we have high winds coming through the canyons or in this valley.

MANY fires have been started with dumb @@@es using TANNERITE and things like that in this state.

Houses, businesses, etc. have been destroyed and people and pets have DIED in some cases too.

And some of these fires were due to people using fire crackers in an UNSAFE MANNER and in DRY/FIRE SEASON INCLUDING with high winds. Last year or so an ENTIRE SUBDIVISION and a ton of land was destroyed due to fire crackers. Bozeman area. And HERE inside and outside of town - a couple of houses, barns and pets were destroyed - same thing caused by IDIOTS using fire crackers.

(I can hear the people now who think that I am being horrible when I mention people using fire crackers, sparklers, etc. in an IMPROPER MANNER too! Oh well. If you use them - be RESPONSIBLE!)

I have nothing against PROPER USEAGE of fire crackers in a safe manner and in a SAFE PLACE.

I like to see a nice fire cracker DISPLAY OVER WATER or by water done by a professional.

I like to see them displayed on a SNOWY field area too.

I can't see TANNERITE or anything like that being used anywhere but on a DESERT with nothing around it.

And with that said, I do NOT like it and I would NOT use it at all.

Many cities/counties have had BAD FIRES recorded in their old history started by people - improper use of x, y or z. FIRE causing things including simple SPARKLERS. NOT just fire crackers but even candles used improperly. Entire rows of homes and sections of towns have been destroyed. Newer history too. Lives destroyed. Many fire marshals have issued strong warnings about this all over the country too. And not just in cities!

Cate

Dude was a creeper. After I walked off, whenever he wasn't shooting, he was staring us down.
That would give me the creeps!

NO pun intended - I am serious.

It is one thing to watch someone shoot in a 'nice manner' and be polite about it but if someone would STARE you down... it would make you wonder if they would go all whack-a-doodle!

Cate

If I had my own land and a wide enough clearing I'd probably be interested in shooting tannerite. Not to blow up a lawn mower mind you, just tannerite.

But I don't have the land for that so never bothered.

Wow... Just.. wow...

full.gif full.gif

Yea, of all I've seen I can't seem to get past this one.

Lets see, lean a cocked & locked shotgun against a rotten signpost and go walk in front of it.
I think even worse than that guy is the idiot at 3:16, staring down the barrel of a loaded shotgun after two misfires.
That moron really deserved to have his head blown clean off.

full.gif

The biggest part of this incident is training with equipment that has different controls in the same places. This is exactly why all of my pistols and holsters have the same controls in the same places operating exactly the same way. When an action becomes muscle memory and you are no longer thinking about each small action having inconsistent controls is a real hazard. In this case he trained to release his pistol from the holster with his thumb. He got so good at it that he no longer had to think about each individual move involved in drawing his pistol. Then he switched equipment, such that the same movements now did NOT release the pistol from the holster, but did turn off the safety. Now, safety off, he thinks the pistol is released and yanks on it. It doesn't release, but his finger does hit the trigger...ND.
I believe that is not how Tex "just ephing shot" hiimself.

Joe

At 3.05 of the 'Tex Grebner' video he says "after the shooting my training took over. I called my parents to let them know what had happened'

How did he get out of the basement and past them without their knowing in the first place ?
Be nice!
LOLz
At least he shared with tbe whole world and didn't try to hide his mistake.

Joe

1651358567885.png

NOT.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....more info?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show