JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's that in the hand of the person on the left ? A syringe?
Looks like a vape.

1648577883647.png

Then people wonder why so many ranges have so many "stupid rules". Here is why. Make something idiot proof and someone comes up with a better idiot. :mad:
I complain about some of the idiots at our private range but I've seen worse at the public ones. I watched some idiot shoot a hunting rifle into a spiral bullet trap marked Pistol Calibers Only at an indoor range once. That had to be thousands of dollars in damage and a lane down for a day or two at least. The staff seemed rather upset. LE showed up, pretty sure the business called them.

Wow!!! What a waste of a perfectly good firearm. Thank you @sobo and @Boboclown for holding my hand, I'm very computer challenged. I'm only 42 (just turned this Sunday) and grew up in the computer era but was far too busy riding things with throttles or opposite sex organs.
Can't say I enjoy being called a "thing with opposite sex organs."

The real issue is subtler than one might think. This is language not normally used in mixed company. But its funny. And as semi contemptuous towards OP himself and his undiscriminating tastes as toward women. But by using this language here, OP appears to be saying that he thinks there are no women here, or no women should be here, or whatever women who are here don't matter. (All of which I doubt he meant or believes.) That is, he seems to be declaring NWFA as being an all male turf, sorta like a men's locker room, where any women present are interlopers who don't belong and who should get out at once. Its easy to make this sort of mistake without being particularly sexist. Both men and women have cheerfully irreverent semicontemptuous ways of referring to the other sex when in single sex groups. No harm done. But the fact that NWFA is mixed gender space is not always obvious. Many women in NWFA have non-gender-obvious handles. And in a thread we tend to think we're interacting with the few who have participated already, not the potentially hundreds who may join in later or the entire rest of NWFA. So NWFA ends up with regular remarks that are perceived by women as implying that women don't belong here. Most undoubtedly by guys who don't believe that at all.

Then if a woman objects she is called a snowflake. But actually what she is objecting to, without even realizing it sometimes, is not being called just a thing ridden etc, but being told that she doesn't belong in NWFA. I enjoyed the joke but felt sorta p!ssed at being excluded from NWFA simultaneously.

Can't say I enjoy being called a "thing with opposite sex organs."

The real issue is subtler than one might think. This is language not normally used in mixed company. But its funny. And as semi contemptuous towards OP himself and his undiscriminating tastes as toward women. But by using this language here, OP appears to be saying that he thinks there are no women here, or no women should be here, or whatever women who are here don't matter. (All of which I doubt he meant or believes.) That is, he seems to be declaring NWFA as being an all male turf, sorta like a men's locker room, where any women present are interlopers who don't belong and who should get out at once. Its easy to make this sort of mistake without being particularly sexist. Both men and women have cheerfully irreverent semicontemptuous ways of referring to the other sex when in single sex groups. No harm done. But the fact that NWFA is mixed gender space is not always obvious. Many women in NWFA have non-gender-obvious handles. And in a thread we tend to think we're interacting with the few who have participated already, not the potentially hundreds who may join in later or the entire rest of NWFA. So NWFA ends up with regular remarks that are perceived by women as implying that women don't belong here. Most undoubtedly by guys who don't believe that at all.

Then if a woman objects she is called a snowflake. But actually what she is objecting to, without even realizing it sometimes, is not being called just a thing ridden etc, but being told that she doesn't belong in NWFA. I enjoyed the joke but felt sorta p!ssed at being excluded from NWFA simultaneously.
Not intended as taken. I like to say things that are funny, sometimes edgy. Not my first time offending anyone. I for one, do not come on a public forum expecting everyone to be polite and cordial. I have a strong backbone and can take what I dish, some others, not so much but that is not MY issue. I don't apologize for things I say in jest, only if I've actually done wrong, hope we can see closer eye to eye sometime. This is not the first time you've quoted me for similar situations. Please ignore me if my existence is so repulsive.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top