JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would not call it a trick, but if it doesn't fit stupid I don't know what does. Person I worked with a long time ago who had been trying to get me to take him shooting my regular trips to the coast range with some other friends I had told him about, was taking off his shoe one day to remove a pebble when I noticed a toe missing and a big round scar on the top of his foot. When asked, he explained he was out shooting with his brothers when he shot his foot and loped off a toe. When his brother asked how he did it, he said he just put the barrel of the gun on his shoe, "like this", so it wouldn't get dirt in it while just standing around, and accidently pulled the trigger, whereas he pulled the trigger again, and shot himself in the top of the foot for the second time!! Needless to say I kept politely avoiding his request to tag along shooting.

Would not call it a trick, but if it doesn't fit stupid I don't know what does. Person I worked with a long time ago who had been trying to get me to take him shooting my regular trips to the coast range with some other friends I had told him about, was taking off his shoe one day to remove a pebble when I noticed a toe missing and a big round scar on the top of his foot. When asked, he explained he was out shooting with his brothers when he shot his foot and loped off a toe. When his brother asked how he did it, he said he just put the barrel of the gun on his shoe, "like this", so it wouldn't get dirt in it while just standing around, and accidently pulled the trigger, whereas he pulled the trigger again, and shot himself in the top of the foot for the second time!! Needless to say I kept politely avoiding his request to tag along shooting.
you do understand they have shoe top rest for your firearm

gun toe pad rest.jpg

they do exist
They look amazing. Probably cost an arm and a leg though.

Unfortunately many stupid tricks with guns kill someone other than the perpetrator. My mother, when she and dad lived in Virginia, heard some hunters talking about "sound shots" and "sight shots". Turned out what these "hunters" meant by "sound shot" was when you hear something in the brush or woods and blast away at it without identifying it visually. !!!!!!!!

I don't consider this for a Darwin Award, it was a hang fire from bad ammo
but I was trained as a combat medic in 1968
how many of you can say you have sat and given direction to your son to stop the bleeding and tape your hand back together, with 2 fingers hanging off your hand
I was proud of him, he didn't flinch or throw up, put on medical gloves and calmly taped up my hand
then sat with me out on the driveway for 20 min while we waited for 911 to show up
out here on the North Fork, we learn to adapt
unfortunately, I had a good surgeon down at Emanuel, so I don't have a bullet scar to show off
I was hoping for a 9mm pucker scare in the palm of my hand
physical therapy hurt more than the initial event
this is the torture devise they strapped me in

Resized_20190824_120848.jpeg Resized_20190824_144630.jpeg therapy glove_1.jpg

For a long time I have wanted to know... how do you slow a video down on YT? I have not found the control/keystroke sequence for that. I just bump the vid along, using play/pause repeatedly in rapid succession. A small transfer of your knowledge would be appreciated... :)

EDIT: Nevermind, JUST NOW figured it out! :s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

The little "Settings" cog, Playback speed, 0.25
There's a better way... pause the video around where you want to step the video frame by frame, then use the , and . keys (also marked < and > ) to step forward or backwards frame by frame. Works with any youtube video after you play then pause the video.

So, do I read this right? Red shirt dude ejects the mag, and clearly racks the slide twice, then shoots the guy.
The racking of the slide appeared to me like he was riding the slide (rather than an aggressive rack that would've ejected any round).
Is that what the rest of y'all saw? Racking of the slide too gingerly to get the round to eject?

Edit: spelling

Last Edited:
So, do I read this right? Red shirt dude ejects the mag, and clearly racks the slide twice, then shoots the guy.
The racking of the slide appeared to me like he was riding the slide (rather than an aggressive rack that would've ejected any round).
Is that what the rest of y'all saw? Racking of the slide too goingerly to get the round to eject?
He definitely rode the slide. Looks like a Glock style disassembly routine where you have to pull the trigger to remove the slide. But he wasn't watching his muzzle like it says in Rule One. "Always" means always.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top