JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you slow it down, you can see the impact of the bullet on the ground in front of him before it bounces up to say hi.

I found my ricochet the other day - shot up about 10 feet before coming back down.

0C5991F5-6E6B-4ABF-95DD-170803615884.jpeg

Doesn't seem like the guy knew how to set up/shoot steel. He got lucky.

If you slow it down, you can see the impact of the bullet on the ground in front of him before it bounces up to say hi.

I found my ricochet the other day - shot up about 10 feet before coming back down.

View attachment 1133585

Doesn't seem like the guy knew how to set up/shoot steel. He got lucky.
I was shooting at the public range in Hawaii. Dude comes over and asks us to move further away from him with our steel. Ok, whatever, we'll scoot down.

Later, he pulls out steel, and has the target angled backwards, so his ricochets are up going up and back. I told him his shots will go up and back. Dude had the balls to ask my credentials. I laughed and told him "physics, but whatever, you do you".

For a long time I have wanted to know... how do you slow a video down on YT? I have not found the control/keystroke sequence for that. I just bump the vid along, using play/pause repeatedly in rapid succession. A small transfer of your knowledge would be appreciated... :)

EDIT: Nevermind, JUST NOW figured it out! :s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

The little "Settings" cog, Playback speed, 0.25

I was shooting at the public range in Hawaii. Dude comes over and asks us to move further away from him with our steel. Ok, whatever, we'll scoot down.

Later, he pulls out steel, and has the target angled backwards, so his ricochets are up going up and back. I told him his shots will go up and back. Dude had the balls to ask my credentials. I laughed and told him "physics, but whatever, you do you".
Sounds like he did you a favor having you move further away. Only thing missing was his sign...

The biggest part of this incident is training with equipment that has different controls in the same places. This is exactly why all of my pistols and holsters have the same controls in the same places operating exactly the same way. When an action becomes muscle memory and you are no longer thinking about each small action having inconsistent controls is a real hazard. In this case he trained to release his pistol from the holster with his thumb. He got so good at it that he no longer had to think about each individual move involved in drawing his pistol. Then he switched equipment, such that the same movements now did NOT release the pistol from the holster, but did turn off the safety. Now, safety off, he thinks the pistol is released and yanks on it. It doesn't release, but his finger does hit the trigger...ND.

At 3.05 of the 'Tex Grebner' video he says "after the shooting my training took over. I called my parents to let them know what had happened'

How did he get out of the basement and past them without their knowing in the first place ?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top