JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apple has replaced its hand gun emoji with a water pistol – reflecting growing despair in America and worldwide over gun crime.

The change comes in the wake of continuing gun violence in the US, including the killing of two black men by police and the resulting spate of deadly attacks against officers.

The new green and orange emoji, with white plastic trigger, looks distinctly like a harmless toy and will replace the black and silver revolver.

Water pistol emoji replaces revolver as Apple enters gun violence debate (https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/02/apple-replaces-gun-emoji-water-pistol-revolver-violence-debate)

Saw this the other day and being an iPhone guy was at first offended.

After taking a day to contemplate it, I see no problem with it.

Those emojis are used mostly by younger folk (10-30?) in texts and can replace whole sentences at times.

A vast majority of the emojis are cartoonish so if the revolver was being used repeatedly to try and intimidate people then why not a cartoon gun?

They do have to be a business that caters to everyone.

Your option are bill gates with Windows software or Chome with NSA software...

I still feel Apples the way to go and I'm ok if I'm the only one:p.

Water pistol . . . Revolver . . . It makes no difference. If a school student is seen with it displayed on his phone he will still get expelled and a visit from the cops!?!?!?!?
That probably also applies to the old direction sign with the pointing finger!!

Sheldon

Water pistol . . . Revolver . . . It makes no difference. If a school student is seen with it displayed on his phone he will still get expelled and a visit from the cops!?!?!?!?
That probably also applies to the old direction sign with the pointing finger!!

Sheldon

only if it's cocked and you drop the thumb. or is your finger gun a 1903 Colt?

:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top