JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can still buy an AR-15 or M1A or 10-22 in Washington if 1639 passes. You'll just have to wait 10 days to pick it up, AS long as you're 21 or older AND you've signed away your right to privacy of your health records BUT... If you've ever purchased a gun in the state of Washington you will still have to go through an annual background check. It seems that not getting convicted of a felony or other disqualifying crime and not getting a 5150 is no longer sufficient to keep your gun rights. You will have to go somewhere to pay $25 (or more) to have some bureaucrat take their sweet time to verify that you have not been disqualified. The fact that you're not wearing a straight-jacket or phoning this in from County jail isn't sufficient, they will have to verify you can still own a firearm.
So please don't think it won't matter if 1639 passes. It's a real poop-storm of bad law that's going to splatter on all of us.
Tell your friends neighbors and anyone else who will listen...
VOTE NO ON 1-1639
Sorry I meant WA residents 18-20 years of age. I edited my comment to reflect that. Thanks for replying.

I, for one and I hope all of us will most certainly not be complying with an annual checkup that I have to pay for. Civil disobedience is not just an essay. It becomes a duty and not an easy one if the need is truly great but necessary as voting on occasion as part and parcel of being a Citizen.

There's so many aspects of this initiative that can be beaten in court. This $25 annual check is one. It's akin to a poll tax -Pay $25 to exercise your Constitutional right.
Better to not let it pass in the first place. though.
VOTE NO ON I1639!!

There's so many aspects of this initiative that can be beaten in court. This $25 annual check is one. It's akin to a poll tax -Pay $25 to exercise your Constitutional right.
Better to not let it pass in the first place. though.
VOTE NO ON I1639!!

You mean like the Seattle tax was beaten?

If this POS passes, none of it will be struck down, because it will go before those same leftist partisan activists legislating from the bench (previously called the state supreme court) that refused to uphold the WA Constitution, just so they could put this on the ballot (along with upholding the Seattle gun and ammo tax).

Our only hope is to defeat this at the polls, period.

Ray

It's not the end of the world if it passes. Just ignore the bubbleguming thing. When the laws control everything, then the laws control nothing (since the people ignore the laws in that case).

Most people don't realize to what extent, laws are suggestions rather than mandates. Government depends crucially on self-enforcement by the peons. If they don't get it, then the law is nothing more than a fart in a hurricane.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top