JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IraqVeteran is attempting to use logic and reason to analyze why the anti-gunners are attempting to pass this law. He reasons that this law won't actually do anything to make anyone safer, etc.

The anti-gunners know this. This isn't about safety and it damn sure isn't about common sense gun laws. It's about the slow and incremental infringement on the right to keep and bear arms, until there is NOTHING of the right left. That is the point...the only point...and ALWAYS the point, of these ridiculous gun control laws.

Unfortunately, Washington is living on borrowed time. My guess is WA has 4-7 years before it is fully CALIFORNICATED. They may be able to defeat this mag ban this time, but it won't be long until they'll have all the votes they need for this...for an assault weapons ban...to make suppressors illegal...to implement background checks for ammo...all of the California nonsense.

This is why it is critical to pay attention to what goes on in California and help fight that fight. California is a disease that spreads.

Do note that there is already litigation challenging these unconstitutional mag bans. The case is Duncan vs. Bonta and it's been going on for several years already. The 9th ciricuit initially found that the California hi-cap mag ban was unconstitutional. Judge Benitez wrote a scathing and beautiful opinion...worth the read if you're interested. The opinion, however, was subsequently overturned in en banc, like ALL pro 2a opinions in the 9th. And that opinion was subsequently stayed to allow the pro gun folks time to appeal. The case will likely end up in SCOTUS.

Note that California's law outlawed ALL magazines in excess of 10 rounds. Mags above ten rounds had already been banned but there was a grandfather clause. The current law eliminated the grandfather clause and demanded that people surrender, destroy, or sell their mags out of state somehow...and without providing any compensation for those mags.
The NRA & CRPA filed their petition for cert in Duncan v Bonta with SCOTUS yesterday. Its now up to the 9 black robes to decide if the 2A means anything or will we need follow HB's lead?
What is wrong with this site? Most of the time it tells me that I need to reload or some other BS when I try to follow a thread or post. Come on. GET SOME DECENT SERVERS!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top