JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been watching the new/reading articles on this topic! Apparently Washington state is trying to pass a magazine ban for " high" capacity magazine. Which is BS because we all know there is no such thing as a high capacity magazine. Just another way of limiting your rights sad to see. I honestly think Portland will be next with trying to pass a similar bill in regards to limiting capacity based on the amount of shooting this year. What is your take on the situation do agree or disagree?

Last Edited:
This has been going on for a while. Many gun owners support this so it will happen. Yes it is BS but, again the reason it happens is gun owners support it. It looks like this time it will pass in some form. For years after we will see people pop up to say "they just found out and boy are they mad". When you ask them how they voted? They will get mad again. :s0054:

Not sure just how many firearm laws , bans , restrictions , etc are already out there and in place...
Yet people are still threatened / harmed / killed , by criminals using firearms.
Criminals , by their nature , disobey ...so why would another law , ban , restriction , etc...mean anything to them ?

Somehow this new magazine ban will do something all those other ones didn't...? What the F ever.

If you keep doing the same....or variations of the same...you will get the same results you always have.
If you want different results , you gotta try something different.

In any event....
I am not in favor of firearm bans , restrictions and the like , nor am I wanting any of the same for parts and accessories for firearms.
After all , there is that seemingly overlooked phrase in the 2nd Amendment : ..."shall not be infringed."
Andy

Last Edited:
This has been going on for a while. Many gun owners support this so it will happen. Yes it is BS but, again the reason it happens is gun owners support it. It looks like this time it will pass in some form. For years after we will see people pop up to say "they just found out and boy are they mad". When you ask them how they voted? They will get mad again. :s0054:
I didn't realize gun owners supported that I'm not sure why it would matter if you have a 10 round mag or 30 mag not my business.

There are quite a few threads on the topic.

I didn't realize gun owners supported that I'm not sure why it would matter if you have a 10 round mag or 30 mag not my business.
By "support" I mean those who ignore it, or worse keep voting for the people doing it too them. If gun owners do not actively go against this stuff they are supporting it. Several years ago WA voted in a new law to make things like a Ruger 10/22 an "Assault Weapon" . When you go to buy one here now you have to jump through extra hoops and an extra waiting period. Many gun owner only find out about this when they go to buy one now and boy are they mad. Of course when voting time comes along they do nothing. So they are supporting it and I hope they enjoy getting what they asked for. :s0092:

I'll continue doing the exact same thing I have done for the past 10+ years.

Do they intend to have monitors at the range, demanding to see the pre-ban photo of your "grandfathered magazines"? GTFOH
They will not of course. As with ALL gun laws this is just one more step. A LOT will depend on how the new law that actually makes it to the books is written. So far everyone who makes claims is just guessing. No one knows what the new law will actually say. If people stay sleeping later the law makers will come back for another bite and make it worse. When they get to where they flat out say you can no longer own the mags? Then it becomes "you get caught with one, they can use it to hammer you".

This strategy is typical liberal. They will claim to have done something to reduce gun violence ( it won't), and then when it it doesn't, will claim the previous restrictions "didn't go far enough" and introduce even more unconstitutional laws for "public safety", until they achieve their real goal: complete power and control over an unarmed populace. Just look how well it is working in places like Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore and New York City. 🙄

They will not of course. As with ALL gun laws this is just one more step. A LOT will depend on how the new law that actually makes it to the books is written. So far everyone who makes claims is just guessing. No one knows what the new law will actually say. If people stay sleeping later the law makers will come back for another bite and make it worse. When they get to where they flat out say you can no longer own the mags? Then it becomes "you get caught with one, they can use it to hammer you".
Who's guessing? It's already written. Can it still get changed, yes, but not after it's approved.

Who's guessing? It's already written. Can it still get changed, yes, but not after it's approved.
I have to "assume" you know how laws are made? If not its simple to look up how its done. The law is not on the books yet so anyone saying how its going to work is guessing. Nothing is written yet that is a law, again its very simple to search for how this works. After king jay signs something into law, which he will, then it will be able to be looked at seriously instead of all the guessing going on here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top