JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully rational people don't let it pass. I don't want to bring fear or anxiety there is enough of that going around! Just something to think about might want to pickup extra magazines just in case! My grandfather always use to say " better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it!"

Hopefully rational people don't let it pass. I don't want to bring fear or anxiety there is enough of that going around! Just something to think about might want to pickup extra magazines just in case! My grandfather always use to say " better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it!"
Unless we see a big change in gun owners here it will pass. Gun owners supported the laws to take away our right to sell guns without having to get an FFL involved, then they supported the law that made my Ruger 10/22's "assault weapons", then they supported that law remaining on the books when given a chance to reverse it. They also put king jay in for another term. So sadly unless that changes we will get more laws that will of course accomplish nothing other than punish those who follow the law. The final law will "probably" have some kind of grandfather in it. No one knows for sure yet but, I can guarantee that the law makers will come back later to do away with the grandfather as long as the same ones keep getting put back in office. We have too many of us to threw in the towel and will not even vote. They love to tell anyone who will listen to them to not try so this is what we sadly get. :(

Unless we see a big change in gun owners here it will pass. Gun owners supported the laws to take away our right to sell guns without having to get an FFL involved, then they supported the law that made my Ruger 10/22's "assault weapons", then they supported that law remaining on the books when given a chance to reverse it. They also put king jay in for another term. So sadly unless that changes we will get more laws that will of course accomplish nothing other than punish those who follow the law. The final law will "probably" have some kind of grandfather in it. No one knows for sure yet but, I can guarantee that the law makers will come back later to do away with the grandfather as long as the same ones keep getting put back in office. We have too many of us to threw in the towel and will not even vote. They love to tell anyone who will listen to them to not try so this is what we sadly get. :(
I think the veneer of "leftist" wa state wears thin if you travel around the entire state. Yes , the population centers of Pierce, King, SnoCo are blue. But the east side is purple or even Merlot. The coast feels red ( I've lived out here for a decade).
I sincerely believe wa state vote tabulations are skewed. Yes , I am saying voter fraud is keeping WA blue in spite of the true will of the population.

I think the veneer of "leftist" wa state wears thin if you travel around the entire state. Yes , the population centers of Pierce, King, SnoCo are blue. But the east side is purple or even Merlot. The coast feels red ( I've lived out here for a decade).
I sincerely believe wa state vote tabulations are skewed. Yes , I am saying voter fraud is keeping WA blue in spite of the true will of the population.
I hope not, but.....I think Kim Wyman (who now works for the Biden Administration) is the only Republican to have a statewide seat since mail-in voting was instituted.

3 of 10 congress persons are Republican
0 for 2 senators
20 vs 49 in the state house
Democrat Governor since 1984

Red by area doesnt mean red population, unfortunately.

There is ALWAYS some "cheating". Always has been, always will be. Sadly MANY gun owners and just plain freedom loving use this as an excuse to not bother. Telling anyone who will listen it does not matter, so we lose. Then they say "see I told you".:s0054:
10% are not controlling 90%. Sadly conservative people are like herding cats. Many of use will refused to vote for the "better choice" since they are not perfect. The other side rarely feels that way. They will vote for the worst one and win. Watch the local news for a while, if you can stand it. They do stories on the homeless scum and their drug camps. The people living around it say they want it fixed. Then in the same breath say they want the scum taken care of. So they vote in the same people who made the mess to "fix it" yet again. :confused:

Went digging in the surplus pile this morning and will get a dozen G.I. mags for M9 out via USPS tomorrow. Stuff I don't need that a fellow member can use at regular price.
Vote them out.
Don't compromise.
Make your voice heard.
Help out fellow firearms enthusiasts.
Couldn't agree more!

I hope not, but.....I think Kim Wyman (who now works for the Biden Administration) is the only Republican to have a statewide seat since mail-in voting was instituted.

3 of 10 congress persons are Republican
0 for 2 senators
20 vs 49 in the state house
Democrat Governor since 1984

Red by area doesnt mean red population, unfortunately.
Sometimes I just can't believe the laws we get crammed down our throats.

But the biggest indictment of our states
True nature was the overwhelming approval, by popular vote , of the $30 car tab law. That law has been blatantly ignored by ghey Jay and his toad A.G. sideshow Bob. When the vast majority of the states voters wants something that doesn't fit this party line, it's simply ignored???
This state is broken.

After seeing how the situation in Ukraine is unfolding is it absurd that any of the states would want a " cap on capacity " if anything they should be getting rid of the current capacity bans in place!

True nature was the overwhelming approval, by popular vote , of the $30 car tab law. That law has been blatantly ignored by ghey Jay and his toad A.G. sideshow Bob. When the vast majority of the states voters wants something that doesn't fit this party line, it's simply ignored???
This state is broken.
THAT, is a great example of the problem. How many times has that tab law passed easily? Then the law makers ignore it or fight it in court. The same people who voted it in then vote for the people who gave them the middle finger and wonder why it gets worse. Its like a mental illness. Do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. :mad:

After seeing how the situation in Ukraine is unfolding is it absurd that any of the states would want a " cap on capacity " if anything they should be getting rid of the current capacity bans in place!
The first error you make is assuming people think that way. All these people think about is control, they want more of it. The sheep think it will make them safer, like pulling out their own teeth because they see wolves have teeth and wolves are dangerous.

This state is broken.
Sadly, it's more like the country. God forbid someone invades us, with the way things are and the push to get soy boys into our armed forces it would be up to us to stop the invader; but how can we do that with our hands tied? With everything going on over in Europe, this is something we really need to think about as well...

THAT, is a great example of the problem. How many times has that tab law passed easily? Then the law makers ignore it or fight it in court. The same people who voted it in then vote for the people who gave them the middle finger and wonder why it gets worse. Its like a mental illness. Do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. :mad:
EXACTLY!

I have to "assume" you know how laws are made? If not its simple to look up how its done. The law is not on the books yet so anyone saying how its going to work is guessing. Nothing is written yet that is a law, again its very simple to search for how this works. After king jay signs something into law, which he will, then it will be able to be looked at seriously instead of all the guessing going on here.
That's right. When it hits the house floor, amendments can be proposed and each one discussed. Our elected house and senate democrats are going to pass this no matter how much the response has been against it.

In 2020, this same mag ban was prevented by a couple house republicans proposing 125 amendments, each of which must be debated on the floor. The Dems abandoned the bill last time because of this effort. Seems the same rep is still in office and already has the playbook, so hopefully we see a repeated effort.

At the same time, Dems can also propose amendments, and if approved, it could be much worse than it written currently.

I would like to see one senator voted from statewide popular vote as now done. But the other senator voted by one vote per county from the popular vote in that county. Dreaming for sure. I feel that voters are disenfranchised in the east counties

IraqVeteran is attempting to use logic and reason to analyze why the anti-gunners are attempting to pass this law. He reasons that this law won't actually do anything to make anyone safer, etc.

The anti-gunners know this. This isn't about safety and it damn sure isn't about common sense gun laws. It's about the slow and incremental infringement on the right to keep and bear arms, until there is NOTHING of the right left. That is the point...the only point...and ALWAYS the point, of these ridiculous gun control laws.

Unfortunately, Washington is living on borrowed time. My guess is WA has 4-7 years before it is fully CALIFORNICATED. They may be able to defeat this mag ban this time, but it won't be long until they'll have all the votes they need for this...for an assault weapons ban...to make suppressors illegal...to implement background checks for ammo...all of the California nonsense.

This is why it is critical to pay attention to what goes on in California and help fight that fight. California is a disease that spreads.

Do note that there is already litigation challenging these unconstitutional mag bans. The case is Duncan vs. Bonta and it's been going on for several years already. The 9th ciricuit initially found that the California hi-cap mag ban was unconstitutional. Judge Benitez wrote a scathing and beautiful opinion...worth the read if you're interested. The opinion, however, was subsequently overturned in en banc, like ALL pro 2a opinions in the 9th. And that opinion was subsequently stayed to allow the pro gun folks time to appeal. The case will likely end up in SCOTUS.

Note that California's law outlawed ALL magazines in excess of 10 rounds. Mags above ten rounds had already been banned but there was a grandfather clause. The current law eliminated the grandfather clause and demanded that people surrender, destroy, or sell their mags out of state somehow...and without providing any compensation for those mags.

IraqVeteran is attempting to use logic and reason to analyze why the anti-gunners are attempting to pass this law. He reasons that this law won't actually do anything to make anyone safer, etc.

The anti-gunners know this. This isn't about safety and it damn sure isn't about common sense gun laws. It's about the slow and incremental infringement on the right to keep and bear arms, until there is NOTHING of the right left. That is the point...the only point...and ALWAYS the point, of these ridiculous gun control laws.

Unfortunately, Washington is living on borrowed time. My guess is WA has 4-7 years before it is fully CALIFORNICATED. They may be able to defeat this mag ban this time, but it won't be long until they'll have all the votes they need for this...for an assault weapons ban...to make suppressors illegal...to implement background checks for ammo...all of the California nonsense.

This is why it is critical to pay attention to what goes on in California and help fight that fight. California is a disease that spreads.

Do note that there is already litigation challenging these unconstitutional mag bans. The case is Duncan vs. Bonta and it's been going on for several years already. The 9th ciricuit initially found that the California hi-cap mag ban was unconstitutional. Judge Benitez wrote a scathing and beautiful opinion...worth the read if you're interested. The opinion, however, was subsequently overturned in en banc, like ALL pro 2a opinions in the 9th. And that opinion was subsequently stayed to allow the pro gun folks time to appeal. The case will likely end up in SCOTUS.

Note that California's law outlawed ALL magazines in excess of 10 rounds. Mags above ten rounds had already been banned but there was a grandfather clause. The current law eliminated the grandfather clause and demanded that people surrender, destroy, or sell their mags out of state somehow...and without providing any compensation for those mags.
In other words - eventually people who can't peacefully coexist, fight. That's really where this is headed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top