JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, you should have heard those money hungry politicians whine last time there was high gas prices and motorists in the state cut their spending on highly taxed gasoline. Keep raising those taxes! What a bunch of gas lighters...pun intended.

Yup, gas lighting bigly!
What about all the gas and diesel cars and trucks still in the road? What are they gonna do about all those? Gotta have fuel, and they cannot stop folks from driving older rigs, though they would like to!

I can see my self a Road Outlaw, hunting for Guzzilene through the wastelands of Orygun and Warshington! Will never give up my muscle cars or sport car, or my diesel trucks!

The law applies to "light duty" vehicle, I guess I'll be getting a "heavy duty" truck then. :)

I think the law is redundant, development in the auto industry has been leaning heavily towards EV cars anyway so even without the law, more and more consumer will eventually switch over to EVs. This is just politicians trying to score points for themselves. They probably felt that they missed the boat when power tools switch over the battery powered ones and are trying to make up for it.

Dumb. Reminds me of Portland's Vision Zero plan, where they are going to eliminate pedestrian deaths, yet had a record number of deaths last year.
Probably be more fossil-fuel burning rigs in Washington in 2030 than there are now.

Anyone who lives here relax. This is going to be just like the TSA telling us our Drivers licenses will no longer get us on a plane. I can't even remember when the first "cut off" date was. We long past it. They just moved it again. When they first announced it Wife got all freaked out even though we do not fly much. I told her relax. WA will fix this before the TSA cuts us off. She did not believe me of course. I told her let them actually cut it off and watch the screaming next few days when planes are empty because 80% were turned away at the airport. Some law makers would get re-called. This cars thing will be exactly the same. When the date gets here they will just keep moving it.

When all you have is a hammer, all the world is a nail. Some of us have become convinced that the only way to make the world better is to force our views on everyone else by enacting poorly thought out laws. Laws have so many unintended consequences that they should be the absolute last resort. Subsidies are a close second. Unfortunately they both offer so much room for graft that they will always be popular among politicians.

When all you have is a hammer, all the world is a nail. Some of us have become convinced that the only way to make the world better is to force our views on everyone else by enacting poorly thought out laws. Laws have so many unintended consequences that they should be the absolute last resort. Subsidies are a close second. Unfortunately they both offer so much room for graft that they will always be popular among politicians.
Sad but as I keep saying, you really can't blame the law makers. Behind closed doors they have to be laughing at the "useful idiots" who keep voting them in.

The law applies to "light duty" vehicle, I guess I'll be getting a "heavy duty" truck then. :)

I think the law is redundant, development in the auto industry has been leaning heavily towards EV cars anyway so even without the law, more and more consumer will eventually switch over to EVs. This is just politicians trying to score points for themselves. They probably felt that they missed the boat when power tools switch over the battery powered ones and are trying to make up for it.
I must already have a "heavy duty" vehicle. I get charged a road use weight tax on my bike, but not on my Dodge 4x4 pick-up. Screwy state.:confused:

Question for those in the know, will electric Harley Davidsons come with a sound system which replicates the exhaust sound of a gas powered bike? And will electric powered Harley Davidsons have a vibrator installed with the seat.

Last Edited:
getcha one of these.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Yup, gas lighting bigly!
What about all the gas and diesel cars and trucks still in the road? What are they gonna do about all those? Gotta have fuel, and they cannot stop folks from driving older rigs, though they would like to!

I can see my self a Road Outlaw, hunting for Guzzilene through the wastelands of Orygun and Warshington! Will never give up my muscle cars or sport car, or my diesel trucks!
1620105197818.png

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top