JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So it's going to be OK to bury Grandma out back behind the tool shed?

Probably not. You still have to pay thousands of dollars to a company that has all the proper licensing and insurance to turn people into dirt. Something that's been done as long as there's been people and is mentioned in the bible.

I was reading a great Bill Bryson book the other day about what it was like to buy a 250 year old house in England and fix it up.
One day he was standing outside a very old stone church talking to the resident Vicar asking him what he was going to do about the churches foundation, as the building appeared to be sinking into the ground.
The Vicar informed him the church was just fine, it was because the ground was rising as there were so many bodies buried in the consecrated church grounds over it's 600 plus years.

RB39,

Same here and it's quite inexpensive, well compared to a standard, even garden variety funeral.

I've a friend who's a funeral director. I asked him the profile of those who still go for burial and the rest and he said old folks for the most part. Younger people recognize death isn't something to spend thousands on and is frankly a poor investment.

I neglected to mention a cremation, death certificate, pick up of yer corpse can be done for as little $800 up to $1200.

Spending thousands and thousands for the bs your standard funeral costs is nuts.

Oh yeah, if you think well, I want a splendid party for my dead self and heck yeah, a headstone with words about me, me, me, well think again.

Think geologically. Think the cemetery will be there in a million or billion years? Sorry, mountains will form or seas or ...the whole planet will be burned up by our dying sun.

Don't waste good money your loved ones could use disposing of your carcass.

So it's going to be OK to bury Grandma out back behind the tool shed?

You can kind of do that now - if you cremate.

I have told my family I want to be cremated by the most inexpensive means possible. I don't want to be embalmed and buried somewhere, but at that point, it really isn't me anymore. My mother, a devout Christian, asked me "what about the resurrection?". I told her that if God can resurrect all the people burned in fires, exploded by bombs, dismembered by whatever, decomposed/etc., then that God can resurrect a cremated person - after all, the Bible does say something about "new bodies" right? And what about the people who donate their organs.

Whatever floats your boat as long as it doesn't cause harm to someone else - but people sure have some weird illogical ideas about death and body disposal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top