JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe he's referencing being able to BUILD an SBR (i.e. converting an AK or AR pistol into an NFA registered SBR). It's legal to PURCHASE an already legally built SBR (i.e. Transfer an already NFA registered SBR, or a new build from a class-3 dealer).

Make sense now?

Sorry to cause such a commotion, I should have clarified what I meant by "clean-up of the language of the bill passed in 2014."

This bill will get rid of the mistakes in the language of SB 5956 and will change it to what was originally intended by the 2014 bill; which will make it "not unlawful for a person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, assemble, or repair, or have in possession or under control, a short-barreled rifle, or any part designed or intended solely and exclusively for use in a short-barreled rifle or in converting a weapon into a short-barreled rifle, if the person is in compliance with applicable federal law."

Ray

Doesn't it default into law after so many days if the governor takes no action for or against?

Yes, if Inslee doesn't sign it, it will becomes law.

According to the WA legislature's web site, it hasn't been delivered to the Governor yet, so we are going to be in limbo for a while.
http://www.governor.wa.gov/office-governor/official-actions/bill-action
Bills that are delivered to the governor more than five days before the Legislature adjourns have five days to be acted on. Bills that are delivered fewer than five days before the Legislature adjourns have 20 days to be acted on by the governor.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads