JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would something like a 'GoFundMe' account be possible to support some folk(s) to start going around engaging/educating at ranges/gun shops/etc and helping them get on the path to voter registration? Chip in for gas, lodging, printed materials, etc.?
Probably folks likely along the lines of retired/semi-retire/self-employed NRA/SAF members who could devote some actual time to this and not have to worry about employment/work issues? At least one for each side of the state?

BOSS

Would something like a 'GoFundMe' account be possible to support some folk(s) to start going around engaging/educating at ranges/gun shops/etc and helping them get on the path to voter registration? Chip in for gas, lodging, printed materials, etc.?
Probably folks likely along the lines of retired/semi-retire/self-employed NRA/SAF members who could devote some actual time to this and not have to worry about employment/work issues? At least one for each side of the state?

BOSS

I've been retired for 8 yearsvand ever since the anti-gun rhetoric reared its ugly head in Washington I have been active during legislative sessions with my POS elected representatives and speaking to anyone that would listen to me during the year.

It is astounding how many gun owners, neighbors and people of our communities that do not even know that this is happening in our state, Oregon either.

I'm tired boss, dog tired.

I've been retired for 8 yearsvand ever since the anti-gun rhetoric reared its ugly head in Washington I have been active during legislative sessions with my POS elected representatives and speaking to anyone that would listen to me during the year.

It is astounding how many gun owners, neighbors and people of our communities that do not even know that this is happening in our state, Oregon either.

I'm tired boss, dog tired.

I hear ya, and that is part of the plan...wear people down over years. Hopefully you can share the load or pass the torch. Better yet, your efforts wouldn't be needed.

Its going to take unprecedented action to get people to 'wake up.' And it's going to take $$. Adds on radio and TV. Social Media. And the ranges and gun shops can't sit on the sidelines...otherwise, after the everything gets bought off the shelves at the end of the year, the gun shops may well have a very hard time staying in business because the number of people buying is probably going to drop like a rock (again, part of their plan).

There's supposed to be 10 NRA WA FrontLines Activities Leaders. They're going to need more support and activity than every before.

I've posted on another forum, and will be looking to post on another. If you all frequent other forums that have 'Political' areas, you might want to start spreading the word. I'm pretty sure $$ and support from anywhere is good.

BOSS

Would help if they'd tell us who those ten are so we can encourage them to get to work...

:rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:o_O

Click on provided link.

Go down about 1/2 way down the page to where it says 'Find By State' slightly to the right.

There's a box that says 'Select a State.' Click on the little drop down tab (that would be the downward pointing triangle) on the right side of the box.

Select 'Washington.' IF you hit 'W' on your keyboard, it goes right to 'Washington.' Select it (Washington.)

Then hit 'FIND YOUR FAL'

And like magic, the FAL's will be listed.

Takes about 3-5 seconds.

How's about a little more than 'encourage them to get to work?'
BOSS

How's about a little more than 'encourage them to get to work?'
I include "suggesting plans of action and asking for volunteers to implement them" as "get to work." If grassroots volunteers are supposed to be the muscle and these guys the brains, it's time to get braining and put the muscles to work...

I hear ya, and that is part of the plan...wear people down over years. Hopefully you can share the load or pass the torch. Better yet, your efforts wouldn't be needed.

Its going to take unprecedented action to get people to 'wake up.' And it's going to take $$. Adds on radio and TV. Social Media. And the ranges and gun shops can't sit on the sidelines...otherwise, after the everything gets bought off the shelves at the end of the year, the gun shops may well have a very hard time staying in business because the number of people buying is probably going to drop like a rock (again, part of their plan).

There's supposed to be 10 NRA WA FrontLines Activities Leaders. They're going to need more support and activity than every before.

I've posted on another forum, and will be looking to post on another. If you all frequent other forums that have 'Political' areas, you might want to start spreading the word. I'm pretty sure $$ and support from anywhere is good.

BOSS

True that, it has been wearing on me for years with only Heller & the AWB repeal to show for it.
I'm in need of some help out in public (a set of ears) and much needed motivation locally.

True that, it has been wearing on me for years with only Heller & the AWB repeal to show for it.
I'm in need of some help out in public (a set of ears) and much needed motivation locally.
Thanks for keeping the faith, CJ. After being backstabbed by my Old Buddy (literally, former classmate) in the State Senate... well, it's disheartening when you get better responses from the lifer career-pol in your District than you do from the old friend and classmate.

Most counties and many universities/schools have 'Republican' affiliated organizations. UW has the 'UW College Republicans' for starters. Are any of these groups being tapped to join in? They're all millennials and usually well plugged into Social Media. They could reach ALOT of people.

Does Mr. Carpenter or any of the other FAL's frequent this forum?

BOSS​

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top