JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be happy to send some $$ to SAF to help fight this. OR and WA need to stand together to fight the enemies of freedom and liberty. This brought to you by the same people that think banning straws will "save the planet". SMMFH :confused:o_O

This is so egregious that even the Washington State Supreme Court would have to rule against most, if not all of this.... If they were to uphold the state constitution...

The only problem is that the WA State Supreme Court has a habit of ruling against the constitution, both state and federal. I will be very surprised if those activists rule against I-1639, instead of legislating from the bench as they most often do. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Ray

The only problem is that the WA State Supreme Court has a habit of ruling against the constitution, both state and federal.
What do you expect when they're a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Democratic [sic] Party through its front-group the Washington Edyuckation Association?

That's why this suit needs to be in Federal court.

What do you expect when they're a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Democratic [sic] Party through its front-group the Washington Edyuckation Association?

That's why this suit needs to be in Federal court.

True, but we're screwed there also........... the 9th Circus (bought and paid for by the same group).

Ray

The WA Supreme Court has refused to take up the lawsuit because they say that the lawsuit is a complaint against the petitioners, rather than a state actor. As the signatures have not yet been submitted, reviewed or validated, there is no actual basis for the lawsuit asking for state action right now. They instead have passed it on that it is still at the discretion of Secretary of State Kim Wyman to validate or invalidate the signatures.

Now the best chance we have is to convince Secretary Wyman to follow the letter of the law and invalidate these improper petitions. She was elected as a Republican, so there is a good chance she will be receptive to our case. Still, don't spam, or write angry letters about "shall not be infringed" or other partisan issues. Be professional, bringing up the legal problems with the petitions (unreadably small text, and not striking through deleted language and underlining added language of the initiative to the existing RCW). This should be a clear-cut case about following the letter of the law that these I-1639 petitions violate, and not get bogged down in partisan drama. It might also help to note that you are a WA voter, specifying the district you live in, to make it more clear that you are a real concerned WA resident, and not an out-of-state meddler like the I-1639 petitioners.

Kim Wyman's email, as posted on her page, is [email protected].
There is also general contact information at the Secretary of State website: Contact Us - Office - WA Secretary of State

Last Edited:
Here is what I just sent the Sec of State;

Madam,

I-1639 should be rejected once submitted for verification because it does not comply with state law;

RCWs > Title 29A > Chapter 29A.72 > Section 29A.72.100

29A.72.090 << 29A.72.100 >> 29A.72.110

RCW 29A.72.100
Petitions—Paper—Size—Contents.

The person proposing the measure shall print blank petitions upon single sheets of paper of good writing quality (including but not limited to newsprint) not less than eleven inches in width and not less than fourteen inches in length. Each petition at the time of circulating, signing, and filing with the secretary of state must consist of not more than one sheet with numbered lines for not more than twenty signatures, with the prescribed warning and title, be in the form required by RCW 29A.72.110, 29A.72.120, or 29A.72.130, and have a readable, full, true, and correct copy of the proposed measure printed on the reverse side of the petition.

[ 2003 c 111 § 1811; 1982 c 116 § 8; 1973 1st ex.s. c 118 § 4; 1965 c 9 § 29.79.080. Prior: (i) 1913 c 138 § 4, part; RRS § 5400, part. (ii) 1913 c 138 § 9; RRS § 5405. Formerly RCW 29.79.080.]

There was not a readable, full, true, and correct copy of the proposed measure printed on the reverse side of the petition.

Respectfully,

Last Edited:
As this is an initiative, is there any sense in contacting legislators? To get them to perhaps start coming out more publicly and speaking against it? They may at least be a conduit to reaching audience(s).

Going after 'Technicalities,' while completely valid, sure seem way to easy to just be ignored, or get the 'Gosh, hmm, yeah, I see what you're saying, makes perfect sense...denied' treatment.

As stated before, every gun shop/outdoor store/sporting goods outlet/2A related business needs to be start getting on board with this in a big, prominent, and public fashion. Every single customer that walks through their door needs to educated on what's at stake. As well as how to register to vote as well.
Every. Single. One.

Hopefully the major associations are working towards those ends.

BOSS

Here is what I wrote:

Madam Secretary,

As you are well aware, WA state law requires that initiative's have readable "full, true and correct copy" of the actual initiative language attached to the petitions. I-1639 did not have readable "full, true and correct copy" attached, as it lacked the underlines and strike-through's that are part of the language submitted to your office. This violates state law.
I am calling on you to uphold state law and reject those petitions not meeting the standard of the law.
I find it very hypocritical that the billionaire sponsors of I-1639 are trying to impose laws upon the citizens of WA, while totally violating/ignoring state laws that are already in place.
I implore you to do the right thing and not cave into the political pressure and/or bribery that these billionaires are peddling. They seem to think their money can buy laws and political influence in our state. Please show them they're wrong, by standing strong and upholding state law: reject the I-1639 petitions.

Sincerely,

Ray

The really shocking part of this thing is the way it makes anyone applying for a CCL must surrender their medical history privacy rights. This is flat out Orwellian.
Clear invasion of privacy .
Lol my doctor don't need to know what I carry in side my waist band . UNLESS he or she is checking me for a hernia

I already had to turn my head and cough for my draft physical, not doing that crap again.
Lol I have to do it every two years for my CDL LICENSE . MEDICAL CARD .
lol sad thing is I finally find a great good looking women doctor .and she just ask if I have pain when I lift things .DAM I PUT ON MY CLEAN UNDERWEAR FOR NOTHING .
but if I get a fat old guy doctor .got to drop drawers WTF

The really shocking part of this thing is the way it makes anyone applying for a CCL must surrender their medical history privacy rights. This is flat out Orwellian.

Which is exactly the next (of several) steps they want to start sliding down that slope...you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see where this is going...

Spread the word!!

BOSS

So they reportedly have the 360K Signatures:

Group says it has 360,000 signatures to put gun-safety measure on Washington's November ballot

Not good. If true, efforts to defeat it on the ballot need to be ratcheted up about 1000+%. Every gun owner, gun shop, range, etc. should be reaching out getting people on board and registered to vote.

BOSS
That's not good news... Time for all gun owners to join the fight to defeat this... EvennOregonians should join the fight and provide as much support and financial support as possible.

Giving up the coffee stop for just a couple of days amounts to about a $10.00 donation... And a week would be $25.00... I'm up for that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top