JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, my landlord came by today and told me some past tenants had moved on and they left a canoe. He gave it to me for my 13yr old son and I to use this upcoming year. Now, it is in really fine shape. Solid, no weak areas but, a little faded. Wood seats can easily be varnished and cleaned up. There is no plate to identify maker or any number. Will I have any issues with that and does this thing need to be registered? Never owned a canoe so, got some learning to do.:D Oh, and those aren't cracks on the inside. It's the paint job scheme.

04cf20f1-6d6a-40ae-9204-4be1747bd65c.jpg 022b3341-731e-449b-ab6f-f1ae8f9ccf57.jpg 166490e4-13e8-4ce1-9d4c-26b4bfa11d8b.jpg 0497899a-d556-41e9-a1d2-0b48af2f997a.jpg

Sweet! I hope you guys have a ton of fun with it. Go to Oregon Marine Board for info on registration and such.

Handy tip: At a safe environment, (small pond or something) for quick learning send your son out to paddle it by himself. He'll quickly learn how one paddles affects how the canoe moves.

PS: If you guys really like canoeing and want to get into it, pick up a copy of "Path of the Paddle". A most excellent instructional book.

I had a 17' canoe when I was a teen. Family had a cabin near Dworshak reservoir and I took that canoe all over the lake. Great exercise and fun. I had to pile rocks in the front to get it to sit in the water so I could steer when it was windy. Every boy should have a canoe.

Oregon and out-of-state non-motorized watercraft 10 feet or longer*Waterway Access Permit

I realize it's a long stretch but, can anyone possibly identify the maker just from the pics? Maybe someone has one that looks pretty close to this one?:)

I measured it from tip to tip and it is 16' long. Should make for some nice excursions and I'm even thinking of some overnight camping trips in it.:D

I measured it from tip to tip and it is 16' long. Should make for some nice excursions and I'm even thinking of some overnight camping trips in it.:D

Congrats on the score!

Be great for camping trips. Defiantly take some time to get used to maneuvering it before loading it up. Watch for strong winds on any lakes, it can push you way off course. learned that the hard way as a kid!

Life jackets that are comfortable are key to actually wanting to wear them. There are high cut ones made for paddling and it makes a difference to wear.

Thanks guys, I keep looking at images but, haven't come across one that resembles this one. Could it be a much older one? All the Coleman canoes I'm finding have a different seating system.

So, my landlord came by today and told me some past tenants had moved on and they left a canoe. He gave it to me for my 13yr old son and I to use this upcoming year. Now, it is in really fine shape. Solid, no weak areas but, a little faded. Wood seats can easily be varnished and cleaned up. There is no plate to identify maker or any number. Will I have any issues with that and does this thing need to be registered? Never owned a canoe so, got some learning to do.:D Oh, and those aren't cracks on the inside. It's the paint job scheme.

View attachment 782315 View attachment 782316 View attachment 782317 View attachment 782318
Good stories are hard to come by, Thanks . . . . .

I had a 17' canoe when I was a teen. Family had a cabin near Dworshak reservoir and I took that canoe all over the lake. Great exercise and fun. I had to pile rocks in the front to get it to sit in the water so I could steer when it was windy. Every boy should have a canoe.

It is indeed great exercise. We had a rowboat for the small lake we lived by when growing up. I rowed that boat all the time on various expeditions or just to get out of a small house with two parents, six kids, a grandmother, and various pets. :s0112:

I've been watching videos on canoe camping for the last hour! I must admit, I think I'm going to get some fun out of this thing.:s0112: Guess it's true, you can still get excited as you get older.:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top