JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't know how you find support for excuses, validations, justifications, rationale and moral relativism in my quote, are you sure that isn't just stuff floating around between your two ears to be conveniently threaded together into a diatribe?

IMHO the problem with America is not any simple 'ism, it is that we the people have been so brainwashed by powerful institutions that we have confused their interests with our own, so they are now free to form a corpo-government that is just the sort of system worthy of an advanced level of hell. We the people concerned with our future don't need free trade with places where people can live on a hundred dollars a month, we don't need wars for nothing to make military contractors rich, we don't need an unregulated financial market that trades nonsensical derivative products that only have value because of self serving delusions, and we don't need legislatures and congress making laws that are not backed by any evidence because it benefits, or fools, their friends and contributors. And as long as they have us arguing about ism's they win and we lose.

To be quite frank, I think Durrka Durrr has a point, I'm a gun owner, and a veteran, I'm more center left than extreme anything, but if the SHTF scenario you seem to be praying for ever happens, (and for which most of you are both ill prepared mentally and physically for) and I see you coming my way I'm likely to tell the Police where you are.

There is no way US citizens are going to declare war against the US government. You only have to read forum posts like this to see that, everyone spouts piss and wind about their rights being taken away, and co-blames some other sub-group for it along with Obama. Not to mention the undertones that seem to threaten violence against members of the public who don't share the same opinion (which is the same as totalitarianism) such as "the Liberals", or "the Hippies" or the _________ enter minority of choice here.

Even if guns are eventually banned, it does not mean we have or will be stripped of our rights. Unless of course you believe having a gun will make you invincible against trained LEO and soldiers, and if that is the case then you're arming yourself out of fear. I served in Iraq and Afghanistan and was still able to fix more problems with communication than with a rifle.

Reggie posted that over two years ago??

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post

…
It's been 18 months of Obama, and I still can buy, sell, possess, and shoot the same guns, accessories, and ammo I could 2 years ago. The only problem so far has been ammo hoarding by people fearing the worst and driving up prices.

Wake me up when there's a real threat.
This. (Only a longer timeframe.)

There are a lot of assumptions in the OP that require a total suspension of critical thinking skills as well as a total lack of knowledge of the proceeding decade of American History, what one would expect from a product of Public education and Media Matters

You really think that one president is going to automatically dismantle our Constitution?

Seriously?

OK, I'm going to worry about actual concerns now. :)

This pretty much sums it up. I try not to let threads like this bother me as lots of learning disabled people can register an account on a forum but I don't care if you're left ,right , center, high or low if you reall believe your current president will not destroy the constitution if allowed to do so you sir are a fool.

Get your nose out of the feeder trough and wake up man.

I don't know how you find support for excuses, validations, justifications, rationale and moral relativism in my quote, are you sure that isn't just stuff floating around between your two ears to be conveniently threaded together into a diatribe?

IMHO the problem with America is not any simple 'ism, it is that we the people have been so brainwashed by powerful institutions that we have confused their interests with our own, so they are now free to form a corpo-government that is just the sort of system worthy of an advanced level of hell. We the people concerned with our future don't need free trade with places where people can live on a hundred dollars a month, we don't need wars for nothing to make military contractors rich, we don't need an unregulated financial market that trades nonsensical derivative products that only have value because of self serving delusions, and we don't need legislatures and congress making laws that are not backed by any evidence because it benefits, or fools, their friends and contributors. And as long as they have us arguing about ism's they win and we lose.

Oops, was a response to Stomper from May, I forgot to replay with quote.

Uhhh... Yeah, from May 2011.... OVER TWO YEARS AGO!! :rolleyes: :s0112:

I "find support" for said statements in your prior posts because you are a self-documented leftists/progressive/statist that is complaining about the very things your "ideolgy de jure" actually fosters and foments hence the prior statement (TWO YEARS AGO) that you are a paradox to me at times... well not really, I think your just dumb and I was trying to be polite.

Trying to have a dialouge with buggy, is like going forward in reverse... I'll talk to him/her in another two years when his/her "medicine" wears off again. :s0155:

Wait a min where that guy iomatic that started this little trip down memory lane? I'm sure he would love to come in and tell everyone how stupid our ideas were two years ago. And how those ideas and warning have no bearing on todays news.

So - what gun rights have you lost due to Obama being in office?

James Ruby

So - what gun rights have you lost due to Obama being in office?

James Ruby

Is this a joke? By your standard, since we stopped the Nazi's, they didn't really try to take over the world. Are you unaware of Fast & Furious, the UN Small Arms Treaty, Sandy Hook and countless other attempted infringements upon that which "shall not be infringed"? Any defense of any of this trash administration is quite telling.

Well James, so far they are "in tact", but you must admit it's not from a lack of (almost successful) trying on Obama's part directly, and indirectly through other "political associates".

So in almost six years no rights have been removed , though attempted to, but you guys are still crying the sky is falling. I think there is a bit of paranoia running rampant here. It is important to be watchful and not trusting but that is a long ways from the parnioa I see on this board at times.
You will always have two sides to this debate - one for and one against - that will never ever change.

It is no joke - it is my viewpoint. And yes there were actually Nazi's if that is the question.

James Ruby

So in almost six years no rights have been removed , though attempted to, but you guys are still crying the sky is falling. I think there is a bit of paranoia running rampant here. It is important to be watchful and not trusting but that is a long ways from the parnioa I see on this board at times.
You will always have two sides to this debate - one for and one against - that will never ever change.

It is no joke - it is my viewpoint. And yes there were actually Nazi's if that is the question.

James Ruby

before you were saying that obozo didn't want to take the guns away from us since then he has stated he would like to ban guns , so now your saying he hasn't taken any gun right's away. what will you be saying when he takes some guns away "he hasn't taken all your guns away"

Is this a joke? By your standard, since we stopped the Nazi's, they didn't really try to take over the world. Are you unaware of Fast & Furious, the UN Small Arms Treaty, Sandy Hook and countless other attempted infringements upon that which "shall not be infringed"? Any defense of any of this trash administration is quite telling.

You didn't answer the question.

What do previous President's have to do with anything? Are you surprised that those appointed to be our "representatives" have the same goals, D or R? No one has gone at the throat of the one thing that guarantee's freedom(firearms) more than this abomination. That the O is trash does not have anything to do with previous admin's betrayal's of American trust.

These anti-American's have gone so far with their dismantling of The Constitution that even the most disgusting liberal TV hosts are forced to air their dismay. When they go so far as to alarm Piers Morgan, they have become far too comfortable in their ability to completely control Americans lives. Bloomberg's and Obama's happen because of complacency, not progress.

Ok
I will attempt to answer both questions here - uncle kippy first.
1) It is no joke again it is my viewpoint as stated in my previous response.
2)There was armed conflict with the Nazi's and there was the holacaust - kind of hard to dispute that there were Nazi's - kind of figured that was self explanatory. To me this statement is ignorant and has no bearing on this presidency.
3) To my knowledge Obama has tried but has not infringed on my rights to own, shoot or posess firearms. Which ones have you had taken away?

As a side note - there are many people that dont want us to own firearms - besides Obama and Biden and Holder ( who I really dsilike ) but not all gun laws are created by these three.

Now Oknows question - I will publicly will admit that I was wrong but that certainly has not happened and I dont think it will. And if we get through the next couple of years without Obama enacting gun control laws - will you do the same with your real name?

Now to all - I am not fond of Obama - I cannot think of any president lately that I have been crazy about - I also feel that both sides of the isle have eroded our rights and I dont expect it to stop any time soon. After saying that he is only capable of doing so much , he may want to but he hasnt so dont start attributing to him powers he doesnt have or things he cant do.

So lets ge back to my question "what gun rights have you lost due to Obama being in office"

James Ruby

James Ruby, you don't seem to understand. People trying to take our guns away is not bad only if they succeed. If it seems like some of us here are constantly saying they are trying to take our guns, that is because there are people CONSTANTLY TRYING TO TAKE OUR GUNS!

At the end of Obama's term (or Reid, or pelosi, or feinstein), even if they have not been succesfull in their goals, I will still not be wrong in saying that they are trying to take them.

And while they may not have changed the law, allowing them to continue to spout their anti-gun hate filled agenda will continue to brainwash those who are inclined to believe those in power. They need to be exposed for the corrupt, deceptive, lieing manipulators that they are, and we the people need to stand up and stop allowing our "representatives" to assault the Constitution and it's principles that they swore to uphold.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads