JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As if I didn't have enough things keeping me busy, recently I got the itch to purchase some tomahawks. Why? The predominant reason being that I wanted something fun, low cost / 1 time expense that I could enjoy doing in the gaps between range visits. I can't legally shoot in my back yard (props to all of you who can), but this is feasible.

Found these on sale for less than $20 shipped when bought in multiples, figured for $100, I could have 5, have all manners of fun. It appears based on the reviews that they will need a little attention to make them, "all they can be," but definitely cheaper than I could forge, grind and fasten a handle with.

What I didn't realize is how many tomahawks I wanted because after the first purchase, I found several other styles on sale and, well, you know how these things happen, they basically just jumped into my cart. I already told my family that everyone is getting a tomahawk for Christmas this year. The best give you can give is one you want to receive yourself, right?

Cold Steel Norse Hawk Tomahawk 4 1055 Carbon Steel Blade 22 - MPN: 90N

The Cold Steel series of Tomahawks are very nice...The GunWorks out of Springfield OR. carries some hand forged ones that are fun to throw , great for firewood and historically correct.

Tomahawk throwing is a fun time...but it will wreck / destroy your 'Hawk and 'Hawk handle....Having extra handles around is a must..
Andy

The Cold Steel series of Tomahawks are very nice...The GunWorks out of Springfield OR. carries some hand forged ones that are fun to throw , great for firewood and historically correct.

Tomahawk throwing is a fun time...but it will wreck / destroy your 'Hawk and 'Hawk handle....Having extra handles around is a must..
Andy

Thanks Andy, I wondered if I would get a comment from the resident authority on historical weaponry/tools.

I completely understand about it being hard on the 'hawk, most/all tools should avoid being thrown if the intent is to keep them in good shape. Just like avoiding dropping firearms and doing so being considered a sin in my house growing up.

When I was about 7 I would take my moms kitchen knives and try throwing those outside into cardboard. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised by this recent development

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top