JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As if I didn't have enough things keeping me busy, recently I got the itch to purchase some tomahawks. Why? The predominant reason being that I wanted something fun, low cost / 1 time expense that I could enjoy doing in the gaps between range visits. I can't legally shoot in my back yard (props to all of you who can), but this is feasible.

Found these on sale for less than $20 shipped when bought in multiples, figured for $100, I could have 5, have all manners of fun. It appears based on the reviews that they will need a little attention to make them, "all they can be," but definitely cheaper than I could forge, grind and fasten a handle with.

What I didn't realize is how many tomahawks I wanted because after the first purchase, I found several other styles on sale and, well, you know how these things happen, they basically just jumped into my cart. I already told my family that everyone is getting a tomahawk for Christmas this year. The best give you can give is one you want to receive yourself, right?

Cold Steel Norse Hawk Tomahawk 4 1055 Carbon Steel Blade 22 - MPN: 90N

The Cold Steel series of Tomahawks are very nice...The GunWorks out of Springfield OR. carries some hand forged ones that are fun to throw , great for firewood and historically correct.

Tomahawk throwing is a fun time...but it will wreck / destroy your 'Hawk and 'Hawk handle....Having extra handles around is a must..
Andy

The Cold Steel series of Tomahawks are very nice...The GunWorks out of Springfield OR. carries some hand forged ones that are fun to throw , great for firewood and historically correct.

Tomahawk throwing is a fun time...but it will wreck / destroy your 'Hawk and 'Hawk handle....Having extra handles around is a must..
Andy

Thanks Andy, I wondered if I would get a comment from the resident authority on historical weaponry/tools.

I completely understand about it being hard on the 'hawk, most/all tools should avoid being thrown if the intent is to keep them in good shape. Just like avoiding dropping firearms and doing so being considered a sin in my house growing up.

When I was about 7 I would take my moms kitchen knives and try throwing those outside into cardboard. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised by this recent development

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews