JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in Christmas Valley right now and not finding much for sage rats or jack rabbits. Plus there's constant 20+ mph winds and heavy rain showers coming over periodically. But still having a good time with my boys. Going to the Cowboy Dinner Tree for dinner tonight so that will make everything good again.
Please report back if any good hunting. I was over there a couple months ago and got completely skunked (again). At least I had some quality time with my daughter. Bonus, she turned 15 today and got her learners permit, so I don't have to drive next time! Happy hunting. P.S. how long ago did you reserve your dinner? I've heard it was close to two months.

I called the dinner tree two weeks back and they were able to squeeze us in, but their only opening was at 4:30pm. Definitely call several months in advance!!

I was down in the Burns, OR area last week. Weather was still "iffy".

Had rain, snow and hail on the way down from Seattle area.

Cool and cloudy kept the little buggers down on and off during the day.

Lower volume shooting than I've experienced in years past.

Northlight

67311990421__6158831C-193F-4A6B-9B3E-F0B318BA7632.jpeg IMG_7900.jpeg

Went out to Crane yesterday and finally had some decent weather. It was a partly cloudy day, low 70's temps. The sunshine would come and go, and in the afternoon we got the usual 5-10 mph wind. It was a very good day to be shooting. For the rats, not so much. The field we were in is north of Crane. The alfalfa in the center of the field was pretty high and difficult to see into, but there were plenty of rats in the low cover at the farthest reach of the pivot. There were 4 of us on the platform. There was a good supply of targets anywhere from 20 yards off the platform out to 300 yards if anyone felt the need and had what it takes at that distance. Got to meet Scharf from this forum and his friend Andrew who were both great company and fun to be around. We started shooting before 9, broke for lunch and then shot until 5:30. I popped 700-800 rounds. Once again my rifles impressed me with their accuracy and reliability, and once again my own lack of patience and skill was a disappointment. So no, I did not kill 700-800 rats. But I did see some of the terrific acrobatics and explosive performances that keep me coming back. It's getting late in the season and the grass is getting tall so I'm done with shooting the fields. I had a great time, made some new friends and look forward to the next season!

Seth Franklin E-Rat-I-cators. He is a great guy and a great guide. Schart and Andrew also did a couple of days with Diamond A.

Sage rats are out now in SE Orygun in great numbers. I have 6+ living in the rock berm on our RV pad…lol. Not gonna shoot them tho.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top