JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering if people have some good options in Oregon for places to hunt sage rats and/or rock chucks. I'm not after one of the guided hunts where they put you on a platform with a dozen other people, just a place you can find your own spot and shoot varmints. From what I understand, if you don't know anyone with ag property that will let you hunt there, then you're not getting onto private land, and there aren't many sage rats on public land. Just got back from a prairie dog hunt in ND, and looking for something similar close to home. There are lots of varmints on public land there, but I'm willing to pay for access to something in OR, just don't need all the extra stuff.

I met some nice folks around Christmas Valley in May, not much to shoot but gained access. We had to do a lot of driving and scouting, and then door knocking.

We had a decent experience at Sage Rate Excursions near Bonanza. When we went in mid-April it was $100 pp per day. Just show up, set up and shoot. Happy hunting. Dan
Were you shooting exclusively on their property? Or did they also have access to neighbors?
I'm just a little north of you. It would take about the same amount of time to get there as it would to drive to Burns.

Just on their property. No neighboring access that I know of but we did see tons of rats in adjacent properties. Yeah, it's a bummer it is so far down there. I still might go again this season.

Just on their property. No neighboring access that I know of but we did see tons of rats in adjacent properties. Yeah, it's a bummer it is so far down there. I still might go again this season.
Thanks for the reply. I thought the season pretty much ended in June. I look forward to hearing and update if you go again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top