JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
both sides of Powell Butte Rd leading northeast out of Bend.
Been all over this area and there is not a lot of sage rat activity there. The little varmints tend to reside closer to developed fields more than open ground. I was trying to locate a suitable 1000 yard range there, but again, its mildly rolling knolls and lots of juniper, so for the most part, you can't see a clear 1000 yards.

Having grown up in an area that was flooded with squirrels and being encouraged by the landowners to eradicate them it cracks me up that some of you pay to go shoot 'em. Just doesn't seem right.

Well, I can fully understand it as when I first went to Squirrel Wars, we were set up on these two forty acre fields and had a grand time. Unfortunately there was also another shooter and his family who was both cross shooting on the area directly in front of us but also at the squirrels near the watering system.
When we called the owner the next year, he said that his fields were not available due to the damage to his water system (wheel lines). A group of us put together some money to compensate the owner even though it was not us who punctuated his equipment. Due to that we were privately welcomed back, but he never made his property available for Squirrel War again. Pity too cause it was a great spot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top