JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guided Rat hunt in Crane, OR April 14, 2022. Looking for 2 shooters to fill a booking. There would be a total of 4. Shooting from an elevated platform in alfalfa fields. I have been doing this same time for 3 years and shooting has always been phenomenal. Shooters will need their own rifles and ammo, 1000 rds recommended. Center fire is fine as long as not FMJ. Cost is $275 per shooter. Includes lunch day of shoot. PM/IM/Reply for details if interested.

Last Edited:
going to take a look at the crooked river grasslands next week, supposed to be 70 ish on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. might be a bit early but who knows. I am familiar with lots of places from when I lived over there and no I won't tell you where. LOL!

Guided sage rat hunts... LOL! There's something I never thought I'd hear of! LOL!

People with no land access will pay stupid prices to enjoy what ranchers don't have time to do.
Being raised on a ranch in WY and having people offer money to shoot Prarie dogs back in the 80s-90s for 50 a day was hilarious to us !!!

The outfitter (or guide) has a pretty good investment in platform trailers and contracts with farmers. He did all of the door knocking and made agreements with landowners. He stands responsible for caring for the landowners equipment and property and safety of shooters. He (or a person he has to hire) has to be on the platform at all times. (note that there are some idiots out there that need close supervision and can easily ruin it for everyone.) Yes, it's expensive at $275/pp. Rat shooting isn't like it was in the old days where shooters would knock on doors and secure permission to shoot rats. Most really good shooting areas are now under contract to outfitters. Everyone wants to do it, but if you don't know someone or have a spot of your own, you are SOL. If you've never shot rats from an elevated platform, you don't know what you're missing. I have always taken 4 rifles to give barrels time to cool, and brought back nearly 1k empty cases at the end of the day. I'm grateful that I can afford to do it several times during the season.

The outfitter (or guide) has a pretty good investment in platform trailers and contracts with farmers. He did all of the door knocking and made agreements with landowners. He stands responsible for caring for the landowners equipment and property and safety of shooters. He (or a person he has to hire) has to be on the platform at all times. (note that there are some idiots out there that need close supervision and can easily ruin it for everyone.) Yes, it's expensive at $275/pp. Rat shooting isn't like it was in the old days where shooters would knock on doors and secure permission to shoot rats. Most really good shooting areas are now under contract to outfitters. Everyone wants to do it, but if you don't know someone or have a spot of your own, you are SOL. If you've never shot rats from an elevated platform, you don't know what you're missing. I have always taken 4 rifles to give barrels time to cool, and brought back nearly 1k empty cases at the end of the day. I'm grateful that I can afford to do it several times during the season.
I shot 60 of them on our property with a suppressed .22 bolt gun and subsonics. One time 3 were lined up and I dropped 2 before #3 noticed something was not right…lol

Any updates on rat numbers. Got a few weeks still before our yearly planned trip and curious if it is going to be hot and heavy like last year?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top