JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what to say here, other than I'll continue to avoid WalMart, don't feel like turning myself into a potential target, considering it's soundling like WalMart is becoming a shooting gallery...

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story, the shooter not taking his psychotropic drugs... Goes off his rocker... And so on, and so on... Most likely nothing new...

I go to Walmart in Woodburn once in a long while. People think their prices are so good. Like most stores, except for the loss leaders, their prices are just like any other place -- not so good.
Or, Costco shopper, waiting for the free sample chicken nugget, busts a cap in the fat lady who grabs all five and eats them in front of her skinny kids.
That was my experience. I'd take my kids there, and these people would barricade the sample location with their carts and plunder it.
I tried to teach my children manners there, by demonstrating examples of courtesy and what to do, and also had plenty of contrasting examples of what bad manners looked like.

They built the New Walmart in Warranton right across the street from the Costco. There are things to get from Walmart and things to get at Costco. If I need something gun related I can usually get it at Walmart, Bulk Groceries it is Costco or Cash and Carry. I am waiting to hear about any thing Dangerous at Walmart. I keep my head on a swivel the whole time I am at Walmart.

Not sure what it is with men needing guns to kill women. Not saying there is a proper way to kill women just supposing why. Especially murder/suicide. Just take yourself out and let everyone else move on.

I grew up in big cities. There's a point where you learn out of millions, you can't help everyone. You've tried and it's bit you enough you can be self taught to turn off. You can get caught up in all sorts of stuff trying to be a nice guy. Mostly people are just stupid but like the maniac on the Max train last year, how far are you willing to go? But, at the end of the day, I have family out and about and when you see someone in real danger, how can you not step up?

Also, I don't believe Walmart or Walmart people are the problem. In so many towns Walmart is the mega center with the most people. People may be running to where they think there may be help or it's just designed to attract the most people (unlike church or college).

That was my experience. I'd take my kids there, and these people would barricade the sample location with their carts and plunder it.
I tried to teach my children manners there, by demonstrating examples of courtesy and what to do, and also had plenty of contrasting examples of what bad manners looked like.

Yes, I have young children and try to tech them good manners everyday. Costco in Salem is a great place for an example of what not to do. My kids have manners and have been cut in line by greedy filthy adults for free samples. I just explain to them how disgusting some people are. Another example is when one of my kids holds the door open for someboday and they don't have the time in the day to say thank you. I have even had elderly people not even say thank you to a 7 year old for holding the door, as if we owe them something! Granted I was taught to treat elders with respect, but I can't respect that. I'm grateful to be raising my children in a small enough town where most people still have manners, and do simple things like hold a door or tell someone to have a good day or give somebody a compliment.

I notice a lot of police showing up afterwards in that video. Glad they are the only ones qualified to own firearms....according to the enemy. Couldn't the victims just call 911 and all that? :rolleyes:

Ive compared prices at Walmart, they use they same tactics we used to your all the mainstay product to insane prices like Milk, Eggs etc they raise prices on other stuff. Its a simple bait and switch Walmart didnt used to do this but when Sam died his sun turned Walmart into a disgusting capitalist example. I am all for free trade and business but Walmart in my opinion is what is wrong with businesses today.

I go to Walmart in Woodburn once in a long while. People think their prices are so good. Like most stores, except for the loss leaders, their prices are just like any other place -- not so good.

I went to a new opening wall mart , the prices are dirt cheap . But as home depot does they do that untill the competition is effected or out of biz . And then up the price

Interesting, seems that many are blaming the store and not the shooter.
It's almost like WalMart pulled the trigger.

It kind of reminds me of the case where a guy was bit by a rattler in the parking lot "outdoor garden center" at the Clarkston, Wa. Walmart a couple of years back. The store was vilified for "allowing" the snake to slither through the chain-link fence and hide under a pallet of bagged mulch.

Last Edited:
most merchandise is lower standard. They are such a big purchaser that they set the standard for a lot of name brand merchandise. That way they can sell cheaper ~~~ sort of. Clothes/Linens etc. Even their food in some cases is poorer quality then name brands.
IMO:oops::oops::oops:

I worked for a former supplier to WalMart, the company provided store branded sodas and bottled water. I can tell you the quality of those products was right up there with the Coca Cola and Pepsi brands.

What WalMart does is tweak packaging and pallitization to drive it to a minimum and squeeze a couple of pennies per case from the cost. Then they make it up in volume.

For example, we're all familiar with 12 packs of canned soda, comes in a flimsy cardboard box. Well, two of those cardboard boxes at one time came shrink wrapped in a sturdy cardboard tray. First the shrink wrap was eliminated and then eventually the cardboard tray. Stacking the 12 packs directly on the pallet...

That probably saved a dime or so per case X tens of millions of cases annually... It adds up quick...

Ok, I'll shut up now, I've said too much...

Or, Costco shopper, waiting for the free sample chicken nugget, busts a cap in the fat lady who grabs all five and eats them in front of her skinny kids.

Hahaha, I have envisioned that years ago and it was not a pretty sight. :eek::eek::eek:

Costco is not all that different from Walmart IMHO, same bubblegums who are there & don't really want to be there so they make everybody's experience miserable.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Looks like this one was a domestic dispute. Guy rammed the car with two women, opened fire, then
shot himself. Unknown if both women were his targets or if one was just in the wrong place.

I worked for a former supplier to WalMart, the company provided store branded sodas and bottled water. I can tell you the quality of those products was right up there with the Coca Cola and Pepsi brands.

What WalMart does is tweak packaging and pallitization to drive it to a minimum and squeeze a couple of pennies per case from the cost. Then they make it up in volume.

Ok, I'll shut up now, I've said too much...

LMAO. Did some work for a company that made doggy beds and sold to WalMart . Packaging was compressed/strapped in a cardboard wrapper, then shrink wrapped. Marked all sides " USE NO KNIVES/BOX CUTTERS". WalMart warehouse people would use box cutters to open, slitting the dog
bed fabric and letting the cedar shavings out. Messy. Then they would box up the cut beds, and
ship them back to the supplier at their expense for a refund on the "damaged goods".

Seems to me that he was chasing them and they pulled into into somewhere with a lot of people which happened to be Walmart .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top