JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a friend that was Walleye orgasmic, 'the best fish on the planet' according to him. That was in Wyoming.

A couple months ago another friend caught one and gave it to us, around 20" in length. We cooked it right up. Blandest fish ever. Virtually no flavor. I was surprised and disappointed. It came out of Lake Roosevelt near Grand Coulee dam (Columbia River). With more seasoning while cooking it would have been better, but the smallmouth are much better.

Anyone know why it would have been so bland? First and only Walleye I've ever eaten.
Im from minnesota, gotta fillet and deep fry it🤤

I was a tournament bass fisher, and I used to hear about walleye fishing below the McNary dam being pretty darned good. But I was chewing the fat at a boat/bait/fish shop and they said it's not what it once was. But there's still some eating size fish out there! Might give these guys a call, they got a lot of fish in their photos and their trips are from the Dalles area up to the Umatilla area.

https://www.walleyewillie.com/ratesinfofishingreport.htm

Jim McCarthy guides for HCSF and does Walleye in the Columbia. I have fished with Jim numerous times and he is the best.

Pic from years ago with Jim and steelhead on the Clearwater River.

DCP_1692.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR