JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im not entirely sure what the regs are in washington. but basically here in oregon about a month ago or so they opened sturgeon season in the willamette and stuff for one day and then closed it. Its possible that it could remain closed for up to 5 years. That rule is in affect for all of the willamette below the falls and the lower columbia below the dam which I'm sure is in effect for washington too.
Sturgeon retention above bonneville dam is still being allowed but catch rates are very poor and its highly unlikely that anyone will be guiding that section of the river. anyway i'm always looking to salmon and steelhead fish i'm totally hooked. all my married buddies are pussies and never hangout. however i am in oregon

Didn't know about the closure but I do know the numbers are on a very sharp decline due to marine mammals (non native seals and California sea lions) in the Columbia below Bonneville Dam and the by catch from the gillnet fisheries over the years.
They have been in trouble due the Dams and over harvest just like the Salmon and Steelhead. So sad...

It's been several years since I fished for the oversize sturgeon because it's too much for my old bones. I've fished with several guides there and I'd recommend Frank Russem <broken link removed> . Another recommendation would be Dan Ponciano <broken link removed> .

I've caught 2 in the 500 pound class, one year my fishing buddy got one over 13 feet. It was the biggest our guide have ever seen and estimated it to weigh 850 pounds, it jumped clear out of the water twice.

It's been several years since I fished for the oversize sturgeon because it's too much for my old bones. I've fished with several guides there and I'd recommend Frank Russem <broken link removed> . Another recommendation would be Dan Ponciano <broken link removed> .

I've caught 2 in the 500 pound class, one year my fishing buddy got one over 13 feet. It was the biggest our guide have ever seen and estimated it to weigh 850 pounds, it jumped clear out of the water twice.

Would love to have seen something like that coming out of the water.

sturgeon fishing opened jan. 1st above bonneville dam.steves guided adventures out of washougal or call any guide service in hood river and they could hook you up .There are a few on craigslist right now if you go to sporting and type in sturgeon you'll find em.they have been doing good around white salmon and drano lake the past couple days.

sturgeon fishing opened jan. 1st above bonneville dam.steves guided adventures out of washougal or call any guide service in hood river and they could hook you up .There are a few on craigslist right now if you go to sporting and type in sturgeon you'll find em.they have been doing good around white salmon and drano lake the past couple days.

Thanks

I have a 14 foot boat and am alwAys wanting someone to fish with out of Lincoln City.
I am disabled and can't manage the boat on my own

Hey If you ever want to go out i would be more than happy to join you. Just show/tell me what i need to do on the boat and i will do it. Send me a PM if this sounds good too you!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top