Wait time to transfer or purchase

Mine went through instantly yesterday morning. 2nd person with us got put into the Que. Store said there was over 4700 currently and looked like only 3-500 being processed per day. Could hope for faster results but expect a week or so before being able to get their new firearm.

OP
Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken

Reactions
Guy at the store said the CHL usually really speeds up the process as of late.
Made me a Happy Guy for sure, neighbor made a purchase last week and was told about two weeks (maybe +)

Reactions
Bought a shotgun at NW Armory in Milwaukee on 1/4, did the Bg check the next day (1-5)when my order was ready. Washington resident. Worked part time at a FFL in Washington for the last 2 years, and currently full time engineer at a FFL since September.

clean Record. Vancouver resident my whole life. ‍ Ccp in or and wa. Still waiting

I must be a criminal

kbf64

Reactions
I heard the sales guy at sportsmans today say there is a 18 day wait in oregon for BCG.

Reactions
Ugh, I'm waiting on the state the process a background check, but my license may expire before they get around to processing it. Anyone have any idea what happens in that situation? Probably best to call OSP and ask, but I suspect getting to them right now is about as easy as getting a hold of the DMV...

Monday (1/18/2021) at Tigard Pawn - 6,300 in the queue!

They were guessing two+ weeks to get through.

Shall not be infringed...:mad:

Reactions: GOG
Reactions
Has anyone got any info on wait times for transfers or purchases as of late?

Thanks
Just purchased a new Glock from a store, about a month ago, first purchase retail- I was told to come back in about 7 days and I was able to pick it up that day. It all depends on the amount of background checks in the system at the time

billgrigsby24

Reactions
I bought a canik a couple weeks back and was through in under 10 minutes. Having a chl really helps & I'd recommend getting one.

Last edited:
Reactions
Did a transfer at Tigard Pawn on Jan 10th. Took about 3 minutes. That is the longest wait I have had in the last year for 4 different transfers. I have a CHL, and they told me that gets transfers done quicker.

Moral of the story: GET YOUR CHL.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell......

CountryGent

Reactions
I have a CHL. I bought three guns in December. 15 minutes, tops.
CHL really helps. I've noticed they are lightning fast, rather than a wait to an eternity with other IDs, when I was more active processing BCG in the side hustle 01FFL. The last time I did a transfer at another FFL for a silencer it was almost as fast to approval as it took to fill out the 4473 and handing them my ID.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom