JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like you had your transaction "pended", this would have happened at any FFL dealer when you attempted to buy those guns. It dosen't matter that you were buying 2 handguns at the same time. In Washington they have a state mandated 5 business day waiting period for handgun purchases, unless you have a CHL. Your "delayed/pended" transaction was held up by the local law enforcement agency where you (the purchaser) reside, most likely dragging their feet over the hollidays or the person in charge of running the background checks for firearms purchases was still on vacation or trying to get caught up from being on vacation. Legally FFL dealers can release to you the firearms after 3 business days of "no resolution" to the background check. Matt Selders posted that most big chain stores usually have a protection policy for their legal interests and Cabelas I'm sure is no different here. Trust me that any dealer would love to sell you 2 handguns and listen to the cha ching of the register, however they still have to play by the rules and cover their own a$$ too. Now you have your CHL you shouldn't have this problem again, since having said license excuses you from the processes that hold up handgun transfers through Washington dealers.

Two nights ago I went down there and picked them up! While I was there they had the bodyguard 380, and so I worked them down from $370 to $339 for it. Luckily I had the cpl so I could take it home same day.

Love the SP2022, shoots amazing and super accurate.

e31ae50c.jpg

This is the processing I was talking about.

63a1491e.jpg

Ya but you will pay more or they do not have it. I seached everywhere for aBrowning pistol and nobody has one here in washington. The stores that do have it want to charge me a shipping charge plus a FFL fee. I am looking to pay 150 more to get the pistol. I cannot afford that. The only place that has the pistol is Cabelas and i have to wait 3 to 5 days to havethem ship it from another store which is free with no FFL charge. All i have to pay is the damm sales tax which will be 50.00 but i will safe 150 bucks doing it this way.
So I will make 2 trips to Lacy. But at least i will finally see a cabelas Store.

Two nights ago I went down there and picked them up! While I was there they had the bodyguard 380, and so I worked them down from $370 to $339 for it. Luckily I had the cpl so I could take it home same day.

Love the SP2022, shoots amazing and super accurate.

e31ae50c.jpg

This is the processing I was talking about.

63a1491e.jpg

Nice I glad you finally got them. Probaly worth the wait.

I think it was about 2 weeks. But given the limited avalibilty of the 357Mag rifle at the time it was not bad.
I am not claiming it if fast for every gun. but it sure cut a lot of time off my hunt, and I got what I wanted.

I think it was about 2 weeks. But given the limited avalibilty of the 357Mag rifle at the time it was not bad.
I am not claiming it if fast for every gun. but it sure cut a lot of time off my hunt, and I got what I wanted.

They told me to call in 3 days if I did not hear from them. Thet gave me a case number. I thought all hand guns had to be shipped over night?
There is no real hurry as long as I know I am going to get it. I am going to go apply for my CPL so I can get it that day.

Handguns do go overnight shipping. They won't ship on Friday unless you request and pay for a Saturday delivery. You can get a UPIN (Unique Personal Identification Number) if you are a person who is regularly delayed on Firearm purchases. It usually occurs if you have a very similar name to someone who has a felony recorded or if you have a statistically common name. The UPIN doesn't mean you walk in and out with a gun. It just means they have a specific reference number for you that they can enter into the search criteria on your NICS check. Get a WA CPL, it is worth it just to have even if you don't CC (at least you get the option).

We match prices with competitors short of "Online Only" pricing. We don't handle FFL transfers but we can special order. If we have it in our system, or it is available either at another store, or from a distributor, we can get them pretty fast. You can even order firearms off the website and they will ship to the WSS of your choice. The firearm selection we have online is a little meager right now but it makes it so you only have to make a trip to the store to pick the gun up. We don't charge for store to store transfers, so if it is instock at one of our stores, it doesn't cost the customer any extra. PM me if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

BTW- good purchase on the SP2022's. They are awesome! Make sure and post a review, I have been debating on picking one up.

Matt Selders

We match prices with competitors short of "Online Only" pricing. We don't handle FFL transfers but we can special order. If we have it in our system, or it is available either at another store, or from a distributor, we can get them pretty fast. You can even order firearms off the website and they will ship to the WSS of your choice. The firearm selection we have online is a little meager right now but it makes it so you only have to make a trip to the store to pick the gun up. We don't charge for store to store transfers, so if it is instock at one of our stores, it doesn't cost the customer any extra. PM me if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

BTW- good purchase on the SP2022's. They are awesome! Make sure and post a review, I have been debating on picking one up.

Matt Selders

Question on price match- is it local match only or will you match out of area shops prices?

I have to be able to confirm pricing. I can't match online only or FFL transfer purchases. Local match is relative, we have 7 stores on I-5 Corridor. In nearly every case, we have been able to Price Match as long as they have a store that competes with one of ours. Occasionally there is something like a rebate or cash back, which are hard to match exactly. Tell you what though, you let me know what you are looking at, or a scenario and I can help. This is a realtively new process for our company, since Thanksgiving 2011. Let me know.

Matt Selders

Sigboi since you did not have a cpl when you made your handgun purchase you were at the mercy/whims of your local LEO for approval and they have more time, maybe 30 days if I remember to approve or not. This came up in a post last year and you could do a search for more information. The dealer always says NICS delayed but really it probably was local LEO. After you have your CPL the dealer just notifies the local LEO after the sale and NICS approval and you already have your pistol. You can still get a NICS delay but it is much shorter, 3 days?

Yes, I believed that was what happened. I'm new to firearms, and was told by everyone I know, and even the cabela's staff, that even without cpl it should only be 5 days max. I'm glad that I got the CPL, when I went to pick up the sigs, I got the bodyguard 380 in less than 30 minutes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top