JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Judiciary
1/26/11 1:30 pm
Senate Full Committee
Senate Hearing Rm 1
J.A. Cherberg Building
Olympia, WA

Public Hearing:
1.SB 5112 - Changing restrictions on firearm noise suppressors.
2.SB 5115 - Concerning private transfer fee obligations. (Hearing is on the Proposed Substitute.)
3.SB 5170 - Increasing the number of judges to be elected in Grant county.

Everyone needs to be at this one if you can. We need industry representatives, silencer owners and people who want to use silencers.

Ranb

I hope I get to go. The shipyard is going to send me to New Hampshire on the 24th or the 31st. If I am still in WA on the 24th, I will go as long as I can get away from work. I am involved in an important training evolution for the job in NH, so they might not let me go. I hope Tom is able to go, or at least some of his industry friends.

Ranb

Doesn't matter for me - ATF told me it's taking 6 months to process tax stamps after they cash your check. Which means my first one won't be freed up to me until April and the second until June.

.. and for that matter, I count 30(!) sponsors now listed for the house bill -- 15 R's, 15 D's. I'm kind of shocked by the number of D's -- must be the support from law enforcement?

I'll try to make it but have to take grandpa to medical appointments this week - think his chemo is that morning in Portland - if he's done in time for me to make the drive up I will. A big thank you to Ranb for all of the hard work you have put into getting this pushed through! any word on if the LE groups are going to show up for this hearing for support like the last one?

WACOPS replied saying their Rep is also attending House hearings for other bills, but the Rep will sign on to support bill 5112 in the Senate hearing rrom and possibly speak. While it is nice to have a police officer speaking out in support of the bill, we can make our points without him there.

Dieselfuel12v; Until silencers become an uncontrolled item like car mufflers, the prices will remain high. My silencers cost me on the average about $200 plus the tax. I spent about $2000 in lathe/welder/tools. I've made a dozen so far and the price keeps dropping with each one I make. That is how I get them cheap.

RAnb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads