JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did I miss it? I have been watching from the start and did not see it. I was on the phone for a minute, but I do not think I missed anything. Am I watching a delayed broadcast now?

Ranb

All amended laws take effect 90 days after the session ends, unless they were designated as emergency legislation like the bill banning SBS/SBR.. The session ends on April 24th, 90 days later is the 23th of July. Not everyone is going to understand that silencers or their use is legal, better bring a copy of your ATF form and RCW 9.41.250c (as amended) when you travel or use the silencer.

Ranb

All amended laws take effect 90 days after the session ends, unless they were designated as emergency legislation like the bill banning SBS/SBR.. The session ends on April 24th, 90 days later is the 23th of July. Not everyone is going to understand that silencers or their use is legal, better bring a copy of your ATF form and RCW 9.41.250c (as amended) when you travel or use the silencer.

Ranb

Will the updated RCW appear on the website on 23 July?

It should show up sometime after the session ends. If not, print out a copy of the bill as passed legislation to prove that silencers are legal to use.

Ranb

More than likely 01-July. Not sure - ranb can speak gospel, but I believe that's when all the new ones take effect.

I wish it went in effect on July 1st. The constitution says new laws go into effect 90 days after the session ends unless it is deemed an emergency. Look at this link; HB 1016 - 2011-12
OTHER THAN LEGISLATIVE ACTION
Apr 6 Delivered to Governor. (View Bill as Passed Legislature)
Apr 11 Governor signed.
Chapter 13, 2011 Laws.
Effective Date is 90 days after adjournment Sine Die
The 2011 session ends on April 24th.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads