JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hi,I am a Wa resident and I want to travel to Or with a pistol to sell it to a Or resident. We discussed about doing a legal tranfer at a Or ffl. Are there any restrictions or any legal implications I should be aware of?

As long as you are selling it to an OR resident that passes a BGC at an OR FFL, you're good.

As Krueji stated, you can physically travel to any other state and sell a handgun to a resident thru an FFL, or you can sell it to, or thru an FFL, in any other state if you ship it to the FFL, as long as the sale meets the laws of that state (which going thru the FFL it would have to anyway).

So you are good.

In some states, such as California you would may want to do some extra due diligence to make sure you comply with the state laws, but federal laws are complied with easily and fully by going thru the FFL on handguns.

You are good and I speak from experience. I purchased 2 pistols from a WA resident last month and all was good. As long as the WA resident brings the pistol to an OR FFL for the transfer then all is golden :cool:.

Unless you have an OR CHL, be certain to transport it in a manner consistent with OR law. Unloaded and "not readily accessible" should do it. Or openly carried if you enjoy life in the fast lane :)

Info so far so good. Adding:

The sellers drivers license must have the sellers current address. The FFL will photocopy it, or at Tigard Pawn For More you can bring a color copy and save ?$2.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top