JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wash. gun owners have clear choices in races for Gov., AG

A remarkably candid and revealing piece in Sunday’s Seattle Times has provided Evergreen State gun owners with clear choices when they vote in November for a new governor and attorney general.

<broken link removed>

Dave, you just have to get rid of some of that advertizing if you want me to read you stuff...especially the full screen one that won't close when yopu tell it to.

Don't you use the pop-up blocker?
I do and that stuff doesn't show up on my Mac.

There's not much I can do about the advertising, as that's Examiner's gig not mine.

Surprised nobody has mentioned McKenna coming out in favor of background checks for private sales- from that ST article:

"McKenna said there should be "some kind of background check" when buying firearms at a gun show. He noted the Washington Arms Collectors, which holds the largest gun show in the state, requires purchasers to be members of the group, and every member must have a background check.

"I think it's quite telling that the largest and most responsible gun-show operator in the state has already moved in that direction," he said."

"McKenna said... I think it's quite telling that the largest and most responsible gun-show operator in the state has already moved in that direction."

Wow, McKenna must be really mis-informed. Responsibility seems to be lacking at WAC in my opinion.

Wow, McKenna must be really mis-informed. Responsibility seems to be lacking at WAC in my opinion.

The WAC does require a background check to become a member. You also have to be a member to purchase a firearm at one if their shows. That rule hiwever is enforced by tge seller, so it is possible for a non-member to buy a firearm if the seller spaces out (which is possible if the seller is not a business, but someone selling off some of their stuff).

Dave, you just have to get rid of some of that advertizing if you want me to read you stuff...especially the full screen one that won't close when yopu tell it to.
+1

I hate, HATE, those adds that pop up simply from your mouse scrolling over them.

I did not choose to look at your ad, don't put it in my face.

The WAC does require a background check to become a member. You also have to be a member to purchase a firearm at one if their shows. That rule hiwever is enforced by tge seller, so it is possible for a non-member to buy a firearm if the seller spaces out (which is possible if the seller is not a business, but someone selling off some of their stuff).

If that happens and the WAC finds out while the buyer is still present the deal will be undone, the seller will be ejected from the show and club and the buyer will be ejected. It is enforced too.
In fact you aren't even allowed to pick up a weapon to look at if you aren't a member, but that is harder to enforce.

How so? You have to have a background check run or have a WA CPL to be a member. If you are rejected by during a background check you are suspended as a member till it's cleared.
Sounds like the club is VERY responsible.

If that happens and the WAC finds out while the buyer is still present the deal will be undone, the seller will be ejected from the show and club and the buyer will be ejected. It is enforced too.
In fact you aren't even allowed to pick up a weapon to look at if you aren't a member, but that is harder to enforce.

I'm aware that there are people walking around and enforcing the rule. I was just stating that there is a possibility of someone making a mistake, especially if they are selling bunch of other stuff and have that one un-used firearm on the table as well.
I am by no means advocating such sales.

Don't you use the pop-up blocker?
I do and that stuff doesn't show up on my Mac.

There's not much I can do about the advertising, as that's Examiner's gig not mine.

Hej Dave!

Yes, I have a pop-up blocker, and it works "Most" of the time, but there seems to be (fairly new) something going on with your site that every time I go read what you have written, some add fills the screen...

The add has a little "close" thing, but it just does not want to go away until it is finished...I have a slow link because of where I live (on a mountain) and it is extremely agravating. I had a feeling it wasn't you, personally, but maybe you can talk to the suppliers???

I may not always agree with you, but I do like to read what you have to say...however those full page adds just take toooo long to be gone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top