JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"What concerns agency leaders about the backlog is the potential safety risk of a law enforcement officer not getting "a complete picture of what firearms (a person) may have purchased," Benfield said."

Mixed in among the other bubblegum in the story was this gem. :mad:

All good, I have a CC permit so they already know I have guns.

Someone's almost always home and if we arent, my neighbors are so I wouldn't suggest trying to get into my house much less leave with anything...:D.

And the Liberal politicians say that there is "NO REGISTRY" of guns in Washington!!!! They mince words like this (registry-registration) to keep all the low information voters ignorant of the real facts, there is a gun registery in this state!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

And the Liberal politicians say that there is "NO REGISTRY" of guns in Washington!!!! They mince words like this (registry-registration) to keep all the low information voters ignorant of the real facts, there is a gun registery in this state!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yes, and No. The State technically calls it a record of sales. They have records of my handgun purchase from several years ago, this does not mean I still own the handgun, hence no "registry". This example is exactly why the state "registry" of sales data is worthless and a waste of taxpayer money.
It is a collection of sales data that links the sale to whom? Even with the requirements of 594 regarding personal sales, if I bought a pistol from Caveman Jim then subsequently "gifted" it later [pursuant to 594] there is no record. This is exactly what the anti gun establishment is actually attempting to do, track each "transfer" of a firearm.

Too bad I lost all my guns last year in that duck pond over east of here.

Yes, and No. The State technically calls it a record of sales. They have records of my handgun purchase from several years ago, this does not mean I still own the handgun, hence no "registry". This example is exactly why the state "registry" of sales data is worthless and a waste of taxpayer money.
It is a collection of sales data that links the sale to whom? Even with the requirements of 594 regarding personal sales, if I bought a pistol from Caveman Jim then subsequently "gifted" it later [pursuant to 594] there is no record. This is exactly what the anti gun establishment is actually attempting to do, track each "transfer" of a firearm.

Too bad I lost all my guns last year in that duck pond over east of here.

Yep, they want all law abiding gun owners on a list to be persecuted at a later date. They can spin words and meanings like a NY lawyer in a NY minute.....
I'll contact my new Representative and fill him in on a few things he may not know...;)

You do not get a registration with your gun. You don't sign a registration when you sell or buy your gun.
There is no registration in Wa.
Prior to whatever number the law is, the sales did not need ANYTHING signed to make a legal sale. There are millions of guns in just Washington with no paper trail
No registration in Wa.

You do not get a registration with your gun. You don't sign a registration when you sell or buy your gun.
There is no registration in Wa.
Prior to whatever number the law is, the sales did not need ANYTHING signed to make a legal sale. There are millions of guns in just Washington with no paper trail
No registration in Wa.
While there no official registration, like what they have in California, I think that second transfer application you fill out after doing the 4473 (what used to be called the blue sheet?) serves the same purpose. If a cop can go into a database (a registry) and look up how many handguns you own, that is basically registration. In my opinion, anyway.

De-facto registration is still registration.

Sure, it may not have every gun in the system, but then even those regions with total bans on guns, or that mandate every gun be "registered", have a lot of guns not in their systems. Doesn't make their systems any less a registration system.

RCW 9.41.110 said:
(9)(a) A true record in triplicate shall be made of every pistol sold, in a book kept for the purpose, the form of which may be prescribed by the director of licensing and shall be personally signed by the purchaser and by the person effecting the sale, each in the presence of the other, and shall contain the date of sale, the caliber, make, model and manufacturer's number of the weapon, the name, address, occupation, and place of birth of the purchaser and a statement signed by the purchaser that he or she is not ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm.
(b) One copy shall within six hours be sent by certified mail to the chief of police of the municipality or the sheriff of the county of which the purchaser is a resident; the duplicate the dealer shall within seven days send to the director of licensing; the triplicate the dealer shall retain for six years.

Sounds an awful lot like registration to me.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads