JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here in Oregon you don't need the Oregon one to get the UT permit. Also if the new law passes we won't need the UT permit. I think it's HR822..National Conceal Carry. It has a lot of steam to pass. The only hesitation is the cities that don't allow concealed carry period. But things might be changing...

Oldbrass,
Yah about a month ago they were talking about it in the news again. Saying how it is a big deal and that it has a good potential to pass. Surprising with all the gun control nuts.

First I must say I hope the law doesn't pass as it will put the feds in our state's business.

But as for the OP's question,the Utah permit is not good for a Washington resident in Washington
You must have a Washington permit if you are a resident here.
Stroll through these pages and you will find all you need to know.Then *bookmark* so you can go back to them as I have just done.And you will go back there lol
Chapter 9.41 RCW: Firearms and dangerous weapons

And when I took my Utah permit,I never heard anything about having my WA permit

I believe that you need your WA permit to get the Utah permit now.

<broken link removed>

I may have missed this since I have the WA permit.
Washington is a 'shall issue' state anyway.Just go down to your city hall/county offices and fill out the forms.Get your permit in 30 days or less.No real reason to not get it.

All kinds of good reading
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/NonResidentPermits.pdf

Not ot thread jack,but what's the best route to get there,without touching CA,from western WA?

Say in January...to say march or april?

you know you dont actually have to go to utah or az.to get the class right?...they have the utah classes here in oregon.
just didn't know if you were kidding or not.

also yes you still need a washington chl in addition to the utah license since wash,is not one of the 35 states it covers.
i got my oregon chl then got my wash chl really easy,just fill out the papers and give them the cash(thats what they really want)and wait 30 days for it in the mail.

you know you dont actually have to go to utah or az.to get the class right?...they have the utah classes here in oregon.
just didn't know if you were kidding or not.

also yes you still need a washington chl in addition to the utah license since wash,is not one of the 35 states it covers.
i got my oregon chl then got my wash chl really easy,just fill out the papers and give them the cash(thats what they really want)and wait 30 days for it in the mail.

WA=rain AZ=much less rain. I may just go there to get the permit.
I have UT already. I think I'll come down to get the OR soon too.

Wrong. That is unless they have changed something in the last couple years and its not updated here. :) <broken link removed>

Wrong. That is unless they have changed something in the last couple years and its not updated here. :) <broken link removed>

Here you go: from <broken link removed> posted above
One major change in the new law is regarding some non-resident applicants for the Utah concealed firearm permit. If a non-resident applicant is from a state that either has a formal reciprocity agreement with Utah or recognizes the Utah concealed firearm permit, the applicant must hold and provide proof of a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the applicant's state of residency upon application for the Utah concealed firearm permit. This change will not affect those applicants who reside in a state that does not have formal reciprocity or recognition with Utah, i.e. California, New York, Kansas, etc. Renewal applications will be under this new requirement starting January 1, 2012.

WA has a formal agreement with UT so you need the WA CPL first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top