JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am unfamiliar with these scopes. I think I saw a competitive shooter sponsoring the brand somewhere, but can't find the info.

Anyway, is anyone familiar with these scopes? I am thinking of scoping my M1 Garand so I would need an extra long eye relief scout (?) scope. Does Vortex offer anything in this area?

I ordered a Vortex Crossfire 2 4x12 44. I can let you know later how I like it. Looks really good on paper. Will be putting it on a Rem700. It is a consumer nightmare for scopes out there....

To those saying all of Vortex's optics are Chinese garbage, you obviously haven't done your research. The Strike Eagle isn't very good. Their Viper PSTII is EXCELLENT and made in the Phillippines. Their Razor line is used by top professionals and those in the military and is made in Japan, the home of the best optic glass other than Germany. Their Razor 1-10x24 is one of the best optics currently available on the market and their UH-1 holographic sight is American made and an Eotech killer. Every optic they carry, from scopes to red dots, is backed by their legendary warranty. If you break it, they'll send you a new one. Just like with any manufacturer, you get what you pay for in terms of which line of optics you choose. I have had a Vortex optic on every modern firearm I own at some point and the only one I've had issues with was their cheaply made Strike Eagle. Also, if you want to swear off Chinese optics, that's too bad because Primary Arms has some of the best bang for your buck around.

To those saying all of Vortex's optics are Chinese garbage, you obviously haven't done your research.
Or maybe people's experience/opinions are different from yours. Dismissing these experiences is foolish. There's a lot of people here who have experienced more optics than I'll ever want to spend the money to acquire. It's wise to listen.

Yes, they make some good stuff, but their line is splattered with cheap, chicom junk that's marked up to pay for the warranty you'll most likely need to use. I've had to use that warranty. The new one is in the not to be trusted list that really doesn't get used much anymore but for plinking. It got replaced with a Trijicon.

As far as the scout scope, look at the Burris and Leupold IER. I've used both and like them about equally, with maybe an edge to the Leupold for the glass quality.

Or maybe people's experience/opinions are different from yours. Dismissing these experiences is foolish. There's a lot of people here who have experienced more optics than I'll ever want to spend the money to acquire. It's wise to listen.

Yes, they make some good stuff, but their line is splattered with cheap, chicom junk that's marked up to pay for the warranty you'll most likely need to use. I've had to use that warranty. The new one is in the not to be trusted list that really doesn't get used much anymore but for plinking. It got replaced with a Trijicon.

As far as the scout scope, look at the Burris and Leupold IER. I've used both and like them about equally, with maybe an edge to the Leupold for the glass quality.
I don't dismiss stories, I dismiss stories from those who bash an optic merely because it's made in the same country as the phone or computer they're using to type their negative review. China doesn't automatically mean garbage anymore. Again, Primary Arms is terrific as is Swampfox. Vortex has great optics if you're willing to spend over $300. If somebody prefers Leopold or Trijicon, cool. Their LPVOs aren't great (except for the nice AccuPoint) but if country of origin matters then hooray. My AR sports an Elcan Specter, my SAM7 sports a PA Glx 2x prism. I trust both equally.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top