JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CamoD,

Nuttshellz, oh man, I laughed so hard when I read that, I think I gave myself a hernia...bwahahahaha!

But, I really don't get all the hoopla about wearing body armor or is it just 'the cool kids' who wear it?

Or is it a logical evolution for preppers who're are convinced they'll be super ready by gawd wtshtf? Marauding gangs of Mad Max-men won't be able to kill them and take their Mountain House goodies. No siree, the bad men won't be able kill them as they wear steel b.a. - unkillable they are.

I hope if that's the case they can don it super quick like Clark Kent in the telephone booth or perhaps the greatest benefit is it's psychologically soothing for the anxiety ridden prepper. B.A may be even superior to xanax for a worry-less future of living like it's 1850.

I keep my armor set up to be quickly donned. Minimal amount of mags and gear on it, only 1 buckle to secure it. If I have more time I use the cumberbund.

I have thrown it on when someone was trying to open my door. Doesn't take long with practice.

Training. Practice. Fitness. Get proficient at either being able to carry your chosen gear and guns, or at hiding/running away. He who avoids death, lives. ;)

We are not suggesting that the armored, armed citizens engage in what is essentially kamikaze/suicide attack using 1850s tactics. We however are suggesting that armored and armed is better than being basically naked and at the mercy of evil people.

CD,

My post regarding B.A. is mostly (not all of it, but mostly) satire.

"We however are suggesting that armored and armed is better than being basically naked and at the mercy of evil people. "

Alrighty then, wear it while sleeping too or only when awake?

I know, dig a moat around your abode, fill with sharks, to forestall the 'enemy' so you'll have time to throw on the B.A.

Doesn't sound nutty at all...when is enough...enough?

Doesn't sound nutty at all...when is enough...enough

When I have a .50 mounted on my roof, armed guards, solid concrete walls, dobermans with lasers strapped to their heads, and a 55-75 ton Mech in the garage I'll sleep soundly.

Madcat.png 9

A customized simple plate carrier that I did for a client, with two different chest rigs/panels for his Hi Point 9mm magazines (20rd Redball and 10rd factory mags); it is a lot lighter than the usual MOLLE rigs. The modification consisted of adding 1" buckles to the carrier itself to accept the custom made chest rig and then he asked for a simple panel with velcro backing to affix to the carrier's velcro area 20160904_173621.jpg 20160904_173639.jpg 20160714_162830.jpg 20160714_162850.jpg 20160714_161938.jpg 20160714_162007.jpg

A customized simple plate carrier that I did for a client, with two different chest rigs/panels for his Hi Point 9mm magazines (20rd Redball and 10rd factory mags); it is a lot lighter than the usual MOLLE rigs. The modification consisted of adding 1" buckles to the carrier itself to accept the custom made chest rig and then he asked for a simple panel with velcro backing to affix to the carrier's velcro areaView attachment 653049View attachment 653050View attachment 653051View attachment 653052View attachment 653053View attachment 653054

Custom plate carrier for hipoint mags makes me :s0140: a little. To each his own!

Ya know.. the hilarious thing.. to date, I have sold more Hi Point specific gear than MOLLE, AR15 or .308 or shotgun or SKS gear, that I have made myself. :s0108:

That said, that was the only time I've customized a PC.

I mean its a solid gun and cheap, if I was gonna bury a gun and chest rig somewhere.....

I mean its a solid gun and cheap, if I was gonna bury a gun and chest rig somewhere.....
Might also be the fact that no one actually makes the type of gear I do for Hi Points... :rolleyes: That said, its interesting. Each of the chest rigs for the hi point was $125 plus shipping, and I got paid for them...also the pouches and leg panels and the .40/ .45 chest rig holsters for their bricks.

But every one else makes MOLLE gear for AKs and ARs and shotguns and 30-06s....

T.L.

You have a solid plan.

Psssst, the men in white coats are coming armed with nets, so do come along quietly...
We don't wear white coats anymore. Usually blue scrubs these days. Though I just switched jobs to one where I talk on the phone with pts rather than such a hands on role.

(And the police usually pick people up around here, sometimes with the support of a mental health crisis team.)

I think I'm gonna make a MOLLE baby carrier with soft armor for the little tyke :rolleyes: that way baby gets protectioj, dad gets to wear armor, and I could repurpose a MOLLE first aid/medic bag on the rear of the carrier for diapers, wipes, etc... attach baby bottle carrier to cummerbund, along with diaper dump pouch... :s0108::p thats supposing thr baby is up front. If baby is on back, then rig the cbund sides to carry the essential stuff while ammo goes front.

Ammo goes on weak side, baby bottle and stuff goes on strong side w pistol :p

Going to need ear pro for the baby, as well as likely a kevlar hood or something.
Aw hell its gone and stuck in my head :mad:

EDIT; no, I'm not totally serious about doing the armored baby carrier:rolleyes::p

I see there's a whole bunch of "tactical baby carriers" online, but none seem to attach to armor plate carriers or armored vests :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR