JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And THAT is how John Kerry got his Purple Heart and Navy across, the end.

Not really. :rolleyes:

Whether John Kerry in his Swift Boat or George Bush in his National Guard jet, I make it a point not to question another man's military service. If you did your time and were honorably discharged that's good enough for me to say "thank you for your service".

Whether John Kerry in his Swift Boat or George Bush in his National Guard jet, I make it a point not to question another man's military service. If you did your time and were honorably discharged that's good enough for me to say "thank you for your service".

No argument from me, and I'm sure the Iranians are thankful for John Kerry's service as well. ;)

Kinda weird how the New York Times article is referencing a flagship of the Japanese Imperial Navy in the first paragraph, when they were disbanded in 1945.
Were talking about Vietnam in '67. How many Japanese flagships could be roaming around off the coast of Nam at that time unless it was caught up in one of the time warps that Sci-Fi movies are so found of.

No argument from me, and I'm sure the Iranians are thankful for John Kerry's service as well. ;)

LOL. Yup, once you put on a suit you are fair game from then on. IMHO

Kinda weird how the New York Times article is referencing a flagship of the Japanese Imperial Navy in the first paragraph, when they were disbanded in 1945.
Were talking about Vietnam in '67. How many Japanese flagships could be roaming around off the coast of Nam at that time unless it was caught up in one of the time warps that Sci-Fi movies are so found of.

A little weird, yeah, but in the hierarchy of weird things it doesn't rank so very high. What other example were they going to use?
The flagship of the Vietcong Navy? ;)

Just seemed a little to much hyperbole to me.

Illustrating useful paranoia:
"You hope it's just a tuna boat tossing chum over the side, but you assume it's the flagship of the Japanese Imperial Navy."

Extrapolate that attitude from sailor on watch dealing with an unknown contact to an armed citizen on watch for trouble in a dark alley and you have a not bad life lesson.

Most sailors on that Swift Boat weren't even born yet when the Japanese Imperial Navy ruled the South China Sea.
Hard to believe that would cross anyone's mind in that time period.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top