JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
upload_2017-2-9_11-24-51.png

I wish WA had something like the above near Vancouver LOL

So long story short I looked on the "Outdoor Shooting Areas" for Washington and there were only 2 places listed. Both of which are like 5 hrs north of Vancouver. :( that being said I understand wanting to keep good shooting locations clean and not overrun with idiots or large amounts of people (shhhhhh).

I would be grateful if anyone would be willing to share a few good shooting spots with me (not me and my 20 closest friends). I am looking for places in Washington within say an hour of Vancouver.

I do know about English Pit and use them but just looking for OTHER outdoor options.

THANK YOU

AND feel free to just PM me instead of sharing on this thread, But please leave a quick comment so the thread stays active.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up near Larch Mountain there are some spots but they were still snowed in as of a week ago.
It was hard pack that had gone to ice and then it had rain on top of that.
I would have had to chain up.

There is one rock pit not too far from the Correctional Center. It is well-used and in a legal shooting zone. Only big enough for pistols.
Google Larch Mountain Correctional Center, turn on Satellite View and work your way south to see the pit. Switch back to Map View and take note of the roads.
And there are some clear cuts to set up for rifle.

These areas can be messy if the slobs have been running wild and there can be idiots around.
Sometimes combo slob/idiots, so be advised.

View attachment 341446

I wish WA had something like the above near Vancouver LOL

So long story short I looked on the "Outdoor Shooting Areas" for Washington and there were only 2 places listed. Both of which are like 5 hrs north of Vancouver. :( that being said I understand wanting to keep good shooting locations clean and not overrun with idiots or large amounts of people (shhhhhh).

I would be grateful if anyone would be willing to share a few good shooting spots with me (not me and my 20 closest friends). I am looking for places in Washington within say an hour of Vancouver.

I do know about English Pit and use them but just looking for OTHER outdoor options.

THANK YOU

AND feel free to just PM me instead of sharing on this thread, But please leave a quick comment so the thread stays active.

View attachment 341445

I totally agree!! It would be nice if Washington built some sites like that to accommodate some of us. I would gladly volunteer my time to help build and clean up.

Very timely, I posted this question earlier in a different section and got no response. I recently picked up a bunch of steel targets and would love to know about some decent spots to put them to use!

Up washugal river rd past head north, out hunting last year we found a great spot near the cut for the power lines that had at least a 400-600yd "range" we could hear people shooting on the other side of the hill.

Just find a clear cut and go shoot!

I hear ya, all of the places I found this summer are all buried in snow, so I am curious if there are any good lower elevation sights that might be mostly snow free.

I've typed that in google maps and get a few hits. Since I've moved here alittle over a year ago, not having much luck with these replies of,,,,,, " head across the bridge and up a road." :confused::D

Help a fellow supporter out. Lol. I just got accepted into Lone Oak but don't get my key and card until March 4th. Really want to go somewhere this sunday,,,, sun and fun,,,,,,

Like Jerry Maguire said.... "WHO'S COMING WITH ME!"

Up washugal river rd past head north, out hunting last year we found a great spot near the cut for the power lines that had at least a 400-600yd "range" we could hear people shooting on the other side of the hill.

Just find a clear cut and go shoot!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads