JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is tough.
You really should go with someone else. Too many crazies outside of these areas.

I wish I could be more help. I moved to Vancouver in 2003ish but never really explored the woods much.
Just a few hunting trips.
With small kids it's hard to find time to explore.

So that why my directions are mysterious.
Because I don't even know where the hell it is. But the beauty of this area is, shooting spots are everywhere.

Up washugal river rd past head north, out hunting last year we found a great spot near the cut for the power lines that had at least a 400-600yd "range" we could hear people shooting on the other side of the hill.

Just find a clear cut and go shoot!
Got to be sure your not on weyerhouser land up that way. If you go though a gate you probably are.

I've typed that in google maps and get a few hits. Since I've moved here alittle over a year ago, not having much luck with these replies of,,,,,, " head across the bridge and up a road." :confused::D

Help a fellow supporter out. Lol. I just got accepted into Lone Oak but don't get my key and card until March 4th. Really want to go somewhere this sunday,,,, sun and fun,,,,,,

Like Jerry Maguire said.... "WHO'S COMING WITH ME!"
I am with you. If you want to join fun/forces PM me!

I've typed that in google maps and get a few hits. Since I've moved here alittle over a year ago, not having much luck with these replies of,,,,,, " head across the bridge and up a road." :confused::D

Help a fellow supporter out. Lol. I just got accepted into Lone Oak but don't get my key and card until March 4th. Really want to go somewhere this sunday,,,, sun and fun,,,,,,

Like Jerry Maguire said.... "WHO'S COMING WITH ME!"

what are you shooting? pistol only I know a place about 15 min. from you.

Last Edited:
Pigs are the only issues with clays , but I totally understand. If you really had a big enough space to do some nice skeet/trap shooting , I would walk out when we where done and literally take a hammer to any pieces bigger then a half dollar coin size. Rapid dissolve ;):Do_O

Just saying :s0152:

I don't think my critters would like the leftovers

View attachment 341446

I wish WA had something like the above near Vancouver LOL

So long story short I looked on the "Outdoor Shooting Areas" for Washington and there were only 2 places listed. Both of which are like 5 hrs north of Vancouver. :( that being said I understand wanting to keep good shooting locations clean and not overrun with idiots or large amounts of people (shhhhhh).

I would be grateful if anyone would be willing to share a few good shooting spots with me (not me and my 20 closest friends). I am looking for places in Washington within say an hour of Vancouver.

I do know about English Pit and use them but just looking for OTHER outdoor options.

THANK YOU

AND feel free to just PM me instead of sharing on this thread, But please leave a quick comment so the thread stays active.

View attachment 341445

1. Drive to Olympia.
2. Drive to Capitol steps.
3. Please clean the range when you are done. Thanks! :)

Sorry, Lambene! I just couldn't resist!:)

Pigs are the only issues with clays , but I totally understand. If you really had a big enough space to do some nice skeet/trap shooting , I would walk out when we where done and literally take a hammer to any pieces bigger then a half dollar coin size. Rapid dissolve ;):Do_O

Just saying :s0152:
Sorry but I'll have to pass

Hey guys, a little late to the party but I would be grateful to hear of shooting areas near Hockinson area. I'm about 10min from Clark Rifles. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks much!

Hey guys, a little late to the party but I would be grateful to hear of shooting areas near Hockinson area. I'm about 10min from Clark Rifles. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks much!

Drive past clark up to the rock pits up there. Be early or the pit will be full. When you hit the four way go straight and you will run into it.

Just drive up the hill past Clark Rifles and get on DNR land (Larch Mountain).
There are rock pits up there where the public can shoot.
Use the satellite view on Google Maps to see them.
Find one, click to get GPS coordinates and then punch them into Google Maps like you would an address.

Not sure if it's a good area, but I went hiking up Silver Star mountain a couple years back and there was tons of clear cuts out there that would be perfect for some longer shooting ranges.
As long as your far enough from the jail you should be fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top