JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^^this.

I think gun lube is over rated. Read an article years ago scientifically dissecting the subject and it suggested the best gun lube was ATF (sorry lost old bookmark...). For a while I also used Marvel Mystery oil just fine. Then more recently I picked up some CLP and FP10 because I bought a new gun and the mfg recommended it only for their proprietary finish coating.... :rolleyes: so Im working my way thru those but will probably go back to motor oils. I dont see how any gun will get as much use as the inside of an engine block or trannny yet the application is the same.

edit, I opened some google-fu and think this is the old bookmark I had. He liked ATF but recommended Lubriplate's FMO-AW oil

I've used synthetic transmission fluid for years. Works well and is as inexpensive as anything you can find.

There is a bunch of differing theories out there, and just as many opinions! Some work, some don't! For semi auto firearms, I find a dry film type lube does best, even for weapons that have historically been ran wet ( 1911's) and I have never had issues with them! I prefer Lock-Ease graphite lube for everything! For long term storage, it's Birchwood Casey Storage spray coated on everything including the bore!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top