JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, things go astray and get stolen. But it's hard for me to see conspiracy in this. It's pretty well known these days that there is value in ammunition, heavy boxes marked appropriately are probably inviting targets for internal theft.

What do I know, but why would UPS arbitrarily close out accounts of firearms related businesses? They lose customers when they do that.

If there is conspiracy theory to be involved, I ask why hasn't the US government instructed the US Postal Service to quit taking firearms shipments? Non licensees may ship long guns through the PO (to FFL's), some FFL dealers use the post office all the time to ship handguns.

Only partially related, Walmart in this area now has free home delivery. But they use private drivers to do this. Their store is less than 10 miles away and in that short distance, they lost part of my order. The order was split. I got the first part. The second part was delayed. At one time, I could see the little Google Map image showing the driver's route; he came right into my driveway and turned around. And was never seen again. Walmart made good on it.
I think it's less of a conspiracy and more corporate wokeness.

I have not "yet" had them flat out lose ammo. FedEx has multiple times tried. The camera's out front came in super handy for this. Several times tracking would show delivered. I would call and get the robotic reading off a card responses with me saying your truck was never on my street. Those times with in short time a truck would roll up suddenly having found the package. Couple other times truck was on my street and had dropped the stuff at another home. 🤬

Some trucking companies have started putting guns on their prohibited shipping materials lists. So, I don't necessarily think it's a conspiracy as much as it these companies are seeing government put press on this type of stuff, and they are caving too it.
This could be an outgrowth of risk avoidance. By reducing exposure to lawsuits related to firearms. As in, "The gun that was used to kill somebody was in transit in your hands when it disappeared, therefore you are culpable, you were negligent in its handling." The Feinstein et al thing appears to be related to this, a security issue.

I have not "yet" had them flat out lose ammo. FedEx has multiple times tried. The camera's out front came in super handy for this. Several times tracking would show delivered. I would call and get the robotic reading off a card responses with me saying your truck was never on my street. Those times with in short time a truck would roll up suddenly having found the package. Couple other times truck was on my street and had dropped the stuff at another home. 🤬
They (FedEx) are lying POS as far as I am concerned. I will never use them again where I am paying for it. F' those clowns.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...shipping-gun-parts.418358/page-2#post-3317221

This thread has me checking on my 1000 rounds of 45 acp every minute now. 😬

652B3FB4-3B29-4070-9C31-549D9CDA6194.jpeg

If this continues, someday it might become necessary to rent a one way U-Haul to pick up our own bulk purchases at the source.
Perhaps even splitting expenses with like minded friends.
Watch the old movie "The Hallelujah Trail" with Burt Lancaster and Brian Kieth.

Don't fret, just follow the UPS tracking updates. If at any point it shows "Taken home by driver at 5:33pm" or "Destroyed by warehouse at 9:56am" then I would start to worry.
Bad Guys learn how to Game it. Don't scan it as you pick it up and throw it in your truck. "It never got on my truck!" 😳

Bad Guys learn how to Game it. Don't scan it as you pick it up and throw it in your truck. "It never got on my truck!"

Sadly people who work at the place are of course able to find any "weak spots" in the security. The most important thing for buyer is care. Use a credit card when you order for one. Other is insure the package. I always buy ammo a case at a time and have always paid the extra couple bucks to have it insured. Don't cheap out here. If the companies have to eat too many claims they will tighten up. I have bought multiple pounds of Silver online. All those orders came UPS, insured of course. I have to "guess" the Co is more careful with stuff like this as it would of course be a temptation to steal. If they have to eat too many ammo claims from it being stolen they will find a way to watch better.

If this continues, someday it might become necessary to rent a one way U-Haul to pick up our own bulk purchases at the source.
Perhaps even splitting expenses with like minded friends.
Watch the old movie "The Hallelujah Trail" with Burt Lancaster and Brian Kieth.
There was an older story (Thread.) about a bunch of people down South (?) and in the Midwest (?) who did this.

It was on an OLD forum and some people did the UHAUL trip and some of the other guys had their own trailers that would carry the LOAD (Weight.) and it would be all covered up since it was not an OPEN trailer.

They took turns driving to 2 different BIG famous companies and I think that one was down South and another one was in the Midwest.

Take care.

Cate

They are "losing" more than ammo. The amount of lost or incomplete shipping claims our company has filed the last 18 months has easily tripled. It's not just a UPS problem either. I don't think shippers are vetting their drivers because they are desperate to hire anyone with a pulse. That leads to shady employees supplementing their income with wayward packages.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews