JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

No Time To Waste!

Washington State Senate Committee on Law and Justice To Hold Hearing on Pivately Manufactured Firearms

ESHB 1705 has passed the House and is now in the Senate Committee on Law and Justice. The grossly vague ESHB 1705's goal is to prevent you from being able to manufacture your own firearm.

Act now to stop them! Call or email every legislator on the list below and tell them to vote "NO" on ESHB 1705.

Also, Cast Your Vote On Record

Committee: Law and Justice | Date: 02/21/2022 @ 9:30 AM

https://app.leg.wa.gov/CSI/Senate#

If you prefer (and if you have a mailto handler setup), you may contact them all simultaneously by clicking here to create a single email that will go out to each one of them. Please don't forget to put your name at the bottom of the email.

List of Committee Members

Member Name
Phone
Email
Manka Dhingra(360) 786-7672[email protected]
Jim Honeyford(360) 786-7684[email protected]
Patty Kuderer(360) 786-7694[email protected]
Jim McCune(360) 786-7602[email protected]
Mike Padden(360) 786-7606[email protected]
Jamie Pedersen(360) 786-7628[email protected]
Jesse Salomon(360) 786-7662[email protected]
Yasmin Trudeau(360) 786-7652[email protected]
Keith Wagoner(360) 786-7676[email protected]

Dave, thank you for posting. The click here to mail all of them is really helpful. I sent the following to all of them.

I'm writing in opposition to this bill. It serves no factully legal purpose what-so-ever. As an enthusiast in building my own weapons, this bill would destroy that and probably make me a criminal just by passing some legislation.
The 'premise' of ghost guns is, at best, a misnomer designed for scare tactics by anti-second amendment legislators and main stream media.

The serialization of a weapon means nothing. Stolen serialized weapons recovered by law enforcement don't solve a crime committed by the thief that had possession of said weapon. All the serialization weapon does is lead us to someone that "had" possessed the weapon and had a form 4473. But since it was stolen and reported to law enforcement, it does nothing in resolving who the criminal was that used it in some illegal or unlawfull manner.

Making this bill even more onerous is the prescribed method in assigning a number to these 80% weapons. Putting the burden on the State Patrol to navigate the intricacies of administering this bill will be an utter fiasco that would ultimately lead to months of backlogs if not years thereby denying lawful gun owners of their rights to possess said weapons under the 2nd Amendment. I can't begin to fathom how or if any ffl shop would deal with this bills requirements.

As it currenty stands, just applying for and obtaining a concealed weapons license is a backlog of 2~3 months since the State has assumed oversight and administration on the licenses. Now imagine that backlog aspect on the hundreds of thousands of already owned unserialized weapons and the thousands that will be forthcoming by builders.

As an FYI, are each of you aware these 80% frames are currently illegal to sell UNLESS we send the weapon out to get a serial number on it. I've heard of one person trying this and the cost and loss of the weapon was prohibitive in any manner that one would or could consider reasonable.

Law abiding gun owners aren't the problem but that's who/whom this bill is attacking.

I'm open to change my view if any of the sponsors can prove to myself and the thousands of other builders this bill has any legitimate proof it will deter crime in a manner that's conducive to the safety of the public. Opining the rhetoric of, "..if it saves one life.." is not nor will be valid.

Please vote to stop this bill.

Dan Deckert

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany